Does anyone have a roadmap for advanced scripting variables?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Does anyone have a roadmap for advanced scripting variables?

Post by BLOMASKY »

So, in a previous post (asking to turn off the save button on a form conditionally, I got the following from support:

$("#" + parser.m_widgetInfo.wrapperId).find (".aw-form-buttons .k-primary.k-button").css ("display", "none");

I have finally read the Programmers Reference (skimmed it earlier, since it seemed like it was focused on Java programming, but near the end, it talks about Javascript programming). I don't expect aware to educate me on JQuery since there are a zillion websites online that can do that...

HOWEVER in the code above:

1). m_widgetInfo.wrapperId. I don't see where I could have found that info in the programmers reference.

2). find (".aw-form-buttons .k-primary.k-button") I finally figured out these selectors will return button(s) in the DEFAULT section (vs. toolbar, etc.) of the form. and I assume that the .k-primary is finding the default section. Yes, I can inspect my code and discover all of the selectors, but perhaps our favorite toolmaker could provide a list of these and what they point to?

Now, if this IS somewhere in the documentation or included in the .JS files then, please (pretty please) can you point me to those?

Thanks
Bruce
aware_support

Re: Does anyone have a roadmap for advanced scripting variab

Post by aware_support »

1) Should have been documented, but isn't.
parser.m_widgetInfo.wrapperId contains the unique ID of the component's HTML markup. So to find anything inside the component's HTML you need to start with this ID as in the provided example

2) This is impossible to document - there are Aware IM-specific and Kendo-specific styles and classes. You need to inspect them and find out for yourself. This is literally what we do as well every time.
Aware IM Support Team