Integration of color picker on a form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
johntalbott

Re: Integration of color picker on a form

Post by johntalbott »

BenHayat wrote:But if we let user to create their own set of colors (let's set priority colors: Urgent, normal, low) in LoggedInUser, then in Aware we can have a choice telling Aware to use (LoggedInUser) and (LowPriority) attribute (which is holding the hexa color that user had selected before) and now assign it to the style. Basically we're telling don't use your static color but go to that object and get that color and use.

This is mainly because different users different colors for the same thing. Dynamic color allocation solves this problem. The color picker gives user the choice to select it and save it, but Aware needs to pick it up at runtime and use it.
I feel like we are talking about the same thing.

This could easily be a part of a user preferences screen where a user can enter and/or select a priority and also select a color using the colorpicker that will then be associated with that priority for that user and be used in rules & queries to display the user's personalized color preference.

UserPriorityBO.User
UserPriorityBO.Name (User can select a priority ... Urgent, Normal, Low)
UserPriorityBO.Color (User can select a color of his/her choosing from the color picker)

Is there something I'm missing?
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
customaware

Post by customaware »

And then of course being able to reference an Attribute in a Style

At the moment we do this.....
background: #99ff66;text-align:left;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial;color:#ff3333;

Need to be able to do it like this….
background: <<MyBO.BGColor>>;text-align:left;font-weight:bold;font-family:Arial;color: <<MyBO.FGColor>>;
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

johntalbott wrote:
BenHayat wrote: I feel like we are talking about the same thing.
Yes we are, which is a good thing that Aware doesn't need to be modified.
However, I still would like Awaresoft to implement/bake the ColorPicker widget right into AwareIM, so we don't have to go through putting all these scripts every place we need ColorPicker.
I appreciate that you raised the bar, but there are several Kendo widgets that should be part of Aware, color picker is one of them that we all need.
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

I get it. Although ... the way I keep thinking about this is I don't want to have to wait for Aware to bake in a control.

Give me a relatively easy way to integrate any control I want. Then if Kendo adds something to the library I can start using it right away.
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

johntalbott wrote:I get it. Although ... the way I keep thinking about this is I don't want to have to wait for Aware to bake in a control.

Give me a relatively easy way to integrate any control I want.
Then if Kendo adds something to the library I can start using it right away.
That's the KEY point. And that brings up another point that I recently suggested to Support regarding Phonegap implementation.
We need an API Interface in Aware that allows us to integrate other widgets (Kendo or PhoneGap or many other JS client side) via this API that we do not need to drop down to low level JS/jquery level, but rather use the higher level API to integrate new controls and Phonegap features. If AwareSoft creates and API Interface to outside world widgets, then we will have "a relatively easy way to integrate any control I want".

Having client side interface will attract so many developers that can extend the product.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Integrating color picker in Aware IM is a lot of work - it will be done in one of the future releases, but we are giving you the ability to use it now without waiting for the next release.

We have provided two scripts - one implements a color picker in a form. Another one displays a color box in a column of a query and optionally allows to inline edit it by invoking the color picker widget. The query script doesn't lose any operations or anything else in the query.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote: We have provided two scripts - one implements a color picker in a form. Another one displays a color box in a column of a query and optionally allows to inline edit it by invoking the color picker widget. The query script doesn't lose any operations or anything else in the query.
Support, just like you always require us to provide a BSV to show the exact case when we report something, could you please provide us a Sample BSV that shows both cases so we can jump in and use it properly?

Thank you in advance!
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The BSV is in www.aware.com/sample-apps/testColorPicker.bsv. There is an object A with the attribute Color. The form of the object supports color picker (check out the Advanced script of the form).

There is also a query called "A - all default". The query displays the colors with inline editing. Check out the Advanced script of the query.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:The BSV is in http://www.aware.com/sample-apps/testColorPicker.bsv. There is an object A with the attribute Color. The form of the object supports color picker (check out the Advanced script of the form).

There is also a query called "A - all default". The query displays the colors with inline editing. Check out the Advanced script of the query.
Thank you Sir, but the link is incorrect... :D
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Very nice support, thanks :)
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
crisg0112

Post by crisg0112 »

Hi,

So basically this BSV just shows how to display the actual colour on the form, BUT we can't use the value stored in Attribute Styles?
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The BSV shows how to display a color AND edit it. The color is stored in the attribute. Styles have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Aware IM Support Team
crisg0112

Post by crisg0112 »

aware_support wrote:The BSV shows how to display a color AND edit it. The color is stored in the attribute. Styles have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Hi Support,

Yes, I can see that in the sample bsv. So we have a colorpicker but if we want to use the 'pick color' on another BO's attribute as a Presentation Style, we can't use it ??

To simplify my question;
what can I do with the colors that I picked (using the colorpicker) ?? besides showing it to the user.
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

what can I do with the colors that I picked (using the colorpicker) ?? besides showing it to the user
Attribute styles do not support referring to attributes yet (but maybe we can add it soon). You can still use it in many other places where it is supported - for example, in the HTML cells of a form, in the static HTML of a visual perspective etc.
Aware IM Support Team