Themes V.60

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tpis001

Themes V.60

Post by tpis001 »

Hi Everyone...

What do people think of the new themes within V.60?

We use a lot of tree menu's in our app and the new themes make these really very hard to fit on an average screen...

Has anyone successfully imported a theme they were using previously?

Any ideas / suggestions much appreciated...

Martyn
AwareIM V7.1. (productions) V8 Development, MS SQL Server 2014,
BenHayat

Re: Themes V.60

Post by BenHayat »

Which theme are specifically talking about

I've done lots of tests and I tell you to stay with Sencha themes, because the other third party themes have issues.
I was using Crisp before but ended up with Carbon, although dark but works well.
tpis001

Post by tpis001 »

We were using the champagne theme in v5.9
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tpis001 wrote:We were using the champagne theme in v5.9
Your thread topic was Themes in V6 and not in V5.9. There is no Champagne in V6.
So, what theme in V6 were you referring to, as your option?
tpis001

Post by tpis001 »

"Has anyone successfully imported a theme they were using previously?"

(previously to version 6 ... aka v5.9)

So does anyone have any experience the themes previously available to work?

Thanks...
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

We have successfully adjusted Neptune theme. It's a mission to set up, you need ruby and compass, there is also alot of trial and error, follow the Sencha documentation very carefully.

There are still some things we haven't been able to do, i.e. The border around the grid for ref attributes in a form.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Martyn,
The 6.0 themes are OK but there are unfortunately quite a few bugs support hasn´t addressed yet but I am hoping they will. I have posted bug reports for all of these over the last couple of weeks and looking at these before deciding which theme to use might be good.

Regarding implementing a AIM 5.9 theme in AIM 6.0, I would not recommend you do that because AIM 6.0 use extjs 5 which has newly designed components that just aren´t available in extjs 4 themes. I would instead recommend you focus on doing the changes you need yourself like changing the size of the tree component etc..

I read RLJB´s post about creating a extjs theme from scratch (using Ruby, Compass etc.) and that is 1 option BUT there is a much simpler option and that is basically using one of the existing themes and build on it (change CSS theme files). I do this for all my applications and you can basically change all aspects of an app ui. The Sencha way, as mentioned by RLJB, is of course the better option in the long run but doing changes yourself directly in the CSS files basically have the same result and works just as good. I will be doing a workshop on this on the upcoming conference and will share my presentation after the event (where I go through this process in detail i.e. step by step).
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
tpis001

Post by tpis001 »

Thanks Henrik... I'll look forward to watching your presentation next week...