Selling prices of software develop in AwareIM and pure code&

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Sergej

Selling prices of software develop in AwareIM and pure code&

Post by Sergej »

Hello!
Could you tell please how much the prices of software created in AwareIM and that are written from zero using pure code like asp, php, java are differs?

Ex,
1) CRM system created using AwareIM
And
2) Identical CRM system that was created using php, asp or java

I assume 1st will be quite cheaper in its sale price to customer(who potentially ordered development) cause develompent is faster and support could be done only by the person who knows awareim.

What do you think?

The problem is that I created CRM for my bussiness and know it is quit, so I want to sell that software to one of similar firms.
AwareIM 5.1a build 1454, Debian 64bit , MySQL
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

You put the price...you can sale it for 500 USD or 5000 USD as client agrees.
Independent Developer
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

This is a big topic. But I learned long ago that the software business is a service business, not a product business. You may sell your CRM solution to a few customers but what you want is recurring revenue through use licenses and services to update and improve your product.

Your CRM solution must compete with a lot of very good solutions in the marketplace, many of which are very inexpensive. You must determine what sets your solution apart from the others and what your prospective clients are willing/able to pay. Some clients will insist that their CRM solution be locally hosted. This can be a niche since you can provide this and the big boys like SalesForce cannot. You can also tailor the product to meet their needs. Except for SalesForce, most commercial CRM solutions provide minimal customizations.

Lastly, your service provides a sort of dedicated IT Guy who can rapidly implement new features as needed. Another service that will not be found in the commercial CRM market.

So to me, it's better to have many clients paying you a modest fee each year/month than to sell the product at some larger price that is difficult for the customer to swallow.

Overall, finding the right price for your produce (any product) is a difficult step and is key to your success. Before establishing your price, you should perform a thorough market survey since that's what your prospective customers will do.

Hope this helps you...
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

I understand it, but I am not developer. I was running small consulting service bussiness and dont know the practise of pricing software.

But commonsense tells me that market price of identical CRM system developed in AwareIM must be lower than that in pure code.
I want to sell it and I will not provide support, if somebody buys it he will need to find programmer who will have tolearn awareim.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

kklosson, thank you for your post.

As I know the type of CRM that I created for specific niche type of service is in deficit. Only 2 companies provides them as SaaS, and both affiliated with companies that runs this type of bussines.

Other companies (most) orders custom solutions. So I just want to ask some software companies in our countries how much will it cost to develop identical CRM and then I think substract 25% for that I will not provide support later (1 month max for adaptation) and 25% just tosell it quicker.

If I will sell as SaaS I dont think it will be more benefitial cause number of such companies small in our town for example only 15-20 but I will think about that.
Sergej

Post by Sergej »

25% for that I will not provide support later and that it is developed in AwareIM but not pure code
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

Support if the first thing your client will ask you. Usually it starts by " What happens if you die or disappear ????"
Independent Developer
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I believe your mathematics are unfounded. In my view, the attributes you have assigned value to aren't the attributes that customers assign value to.
hpl123

Thoughts

Post by hpl123 »

SaaS model is the way to go and pricing can be challenging but I believe in any case (SaaS or one time purchase etc.), decreasing the price because of Aware IM / no code is wrong. If anything, you could increase the price since Aware IM enables you / the customer to develop, iterate etc. quickly i.e. you have a competitive advantage using Aware IM, not the other way around (Aware IM has other limitations of course e.g. limited to Aware IM feature set etc. but many things can be done today with Aware IM and we also have access to the Awaresoft team for basically anything if we just pay for the development). Regarding Aware IM developer / learning Aware IM, if you package it properly you could even sell an application + skills to maintain the application since Aware IM isn´t programming in the traditional sence, it use a much simpler (better) approach even non tech/programmer folks can learn.

I highly recommend you look into Lean startup for a good framework re startups etc. and included in the framework is also price testing.

NB: If you base the price point out of hours spent, then of course if you develop a solution faster, you would have a lower price point.

Regarding support and development, you could provide these services for customers as well. I am currently working on a "Private SaaS" model which is a custom developed application with infrastructure, support, change management etc. all in 1 package.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Hi Guys,

Long time no speak - been taking a break for a well earned rest.

I offer my gliding club software in three ways.

Saas for small clubs with no spare funds. Runs on my server which I manage. Advantages - regular monthy income. Only one piece of code to maintain ( it is what it is - no modifications offered. ( price < £50/month)

Runtime License (single upfront one time fee)- user can put it on a server of his choice. Advantages - 1) can sell support contracts 2) can charge for mods
(Price Around £4000)

Source Code - for a colossal one time fee, I will license the software to a single ( or multiple ) territory (just in the process of tying up a deal for Canada). Advantages I am reduced to hand-holding an experienced developer. Another developer handles all the sales for the territory, provides support and sets the prices DISADVANTAGES - once your code is out in the big bad world, anybody can rip you off - but at age 67, I'm just aiming for a more relaxed lifestyle now.😉
Price - pm me
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5