SP_EXEC Query: filter & sorting context

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bmeyns

SP_EXEC Query: filter & sorting context

Post by bmeyns »

I'm using a stored procedure to return objects to an Aware IM query:

Code: Select all

EXEC_SP 'sp_queryIndicators' RETURN Indicator
The objects are well displayed to my Aware application, but the filtering (using the single filter-field on top of the grid) nor the sorting (clicking on the column-header of the grid) doesn't work out.
My data is refreshed, but not filtered/sorted as requested.

Do I have any any possibility to get the current filter- or sorting-parameter from the context, so I could call something like:

Code: Select all

EXEC_SP 'sp_queryIndicators' WITH '@pFilter'=CURRENT_FILTER, '@pSort'=CURRENT_SORT RETURN Indicator
Or is there another workaround possible (e.g. persist the current filter / sorting into the LoggedInRegularUser context)?
Benny (running v.5.9 - build 1908 on Linux)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bmeyns
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I'll second the request to be able to sort columns while using a store procedure.

My hope, if it is possible is the column sort would work just like a normal query process. Click on the column and sort it.
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Two choices you might consider.

1. Change the stored procedure to a view if possible and add it as an existing external BO.

2. OR if performance is acceptable have the stored procedure refresh a temporary table which you also can add as an existing external BO.

In these cases you have full AwareIM functionality on the BO.

Cheers Rod
bmeyns

Post by bmeyns »

Thx Rod, the "view"-solution does the trick!
Benny (running v.5.9 - build 1908 on Linux)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/bmeyns