Weekly Scheduled Processes Not Running

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bpolak

Weekly Scheduled Processes Not Running

Post by bpolak »

For some reason, the processes that I have scheduled to run on a specific day of the week are not running at all. (Every Friday at 5:00pm)

The daily processes are running without a problem.

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't be working?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Your scheduling rules must be wrong...
Aware IM Support Team
bpolak

Post by bpolak »

Okay, I just used the gui to build the rule. Nothing fancy. Maybe you can point out what is wrong. The rule is below:

If CURRENT_DAY_OF_WEEK=6 AND CURRENT_TIME='17:00' AND CURRENT_DATE>=13/11/2010 Then
SendWeeklyReport
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Off the top of my head I remember that there was a problem with the CURRENT_DAY_OF_WEEK function. It returns the name of the day rather than number. Search the forum for it.

Also, in the latest release the timer rules should be displayed by the log viewer so you should be able to see what's wrong
Aware IM Support Team
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

The day of the week needs to be spelt, example: CURRENT_DAY_OF_WEEK='Saturday'. It took be a while to figure that one out.
Andrea
ileaney

Post by ileaney »

aware_support Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your scheduling rules must be wrong...

Are you kidding?! This is the expert advice you have?
Was this your first day of tech support?
Didn't get your cup of coffee?
Afraid that if you delved deeper, your superior sense of techy awesomeness would get tripped up by a lowly users question?

Come on, up the level of professionalism.

Programmers don't have to be grumpy.
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

We tend to be a little bit more friendly in this forum iLeaney,

The problem was relatively easy to figure out by reading the user guide - as I did (see post http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... tdayofweek )

Seems to me the AwareIM guys have been burning a great deal of midnight oil and come up with some awesome new functionality in 4.95, so probably not a good idea to piss them off too much.

But to even the scales - AwareIm support. This bug HAS been around for some time. 'bout time it was fixed??
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

To ileaney.

If you care to browse through this forum you will find out that our support has been very professional most of the time. We do have our off-days sometimes but it happens with anyone. The reply you seem to be annoyed about was intentional and led to the resolution of the problem. By the way, forum support is FREE and if you want the highest level of support please pay for the support ticket.

To rocketman - I agree we should fix this, but it's still open (I guess, because the workaround is quite easy).
Aware IM Support Team
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Then hows about making a new forum section for known bugs and workarounds OR put them as stickies in the problem reports so Newbies can find them easily.

Looking at the post it looks like at least 3 people have fallen over this one.

..... Just a suggestion - no big deal
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
ab042

Post by ab042 »

SUPPORT: This verison of phpBB is VERY OLD and searching for items is not easy.

We all like new features over you spending time to update the board software, but when you have two minutes to call you own. It does need updated.
. :D
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

I'm currently having problems with a process scheduled to kick off every sunday at 8am.

The schedule created the rule :

IF CURRENT_DAY_OF_WEEK='Sunday' AND CURRENT_TIME='08:00' AND CURRENT_DATE>=19/02/2011 Then
SendOverdueTaskReminder

Can you see any reason whatsoever that this wouldnt send out? I have a process scheduled to kick off every day which works fine, it just seems to be the weekly one that is giving me grief.

Cheers
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I am guessing here , but whats the chance of the scheduler running at exactly 8.00 Maybe you need to have >-8.00 rather than =8
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

sorry, i meant >=8
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

or try IF CURRENT_DAY_OF_WEEK=1
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

Thanks for the tips. It seemed to work this Sunday without me making any changes so I think your idea for the time is correct and it just happened to run at 8am this morning.

I'll play around with it a bit more and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the help.