problem migrating to 4.95 - IsDownTime

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

problem migrating to 4.95 - IsDownTime

Post by rocketman »

Curently trying to evaluate 4.95, I've installed the evaluation version and for speed imported a copy of my live BSV running on 4.9 build 1925.

Then I restored my data from last nights backup to be as up to date as possible.

In my Appointments group, an attribute has been added - IsDownTime to a number of BO's which are in the group simply because I want them to appear in a calendar view.

Unfortunately, these attributes have not been created in my Mysql schema, even though I've created and published a new minor version to try to "Force" the creation.

When I try to run the app, I get errors in the log "Unknown attribute IsDownTime in field list" and my calendars and any lists which rely on these BO's are empty (the records ARE present in the MySql database)

I am unable to delete these unwanted attributes so I'm a bit stuck - how can I get rid of them
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I haven't tried the new version as yet so I'm not sure this will work but something to try if you haven't already.

Add the "IsDownTime" attribute to the BO's while under the 1925 build.
Then when you copy the BO to the latest version the new attribute will already exist and maybe this will resolve the issue.

I have not looked into what this new attribute does or if it is linked etc, so I'm not sure this will work.

Good luck.
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Will try later thanks.

for info, my current build is as per my footer - bot 1925
Rocketman

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Solved .... It was me doing things the wrong way round

For anyone else - here's what I did.

Found and reinstalled an evaluation copy of 4.9
imported current BS
published BS
restored Mysql tables from the most recent backup to BASDB (NOTE - JUST the BO specific tables plus BAS IDGEN)
checked it all worked
installed 4.95 (overwriting existing install and keeping Current DB Settings)

This did not initially create the TimeZone or IsDownTime attributes in the BASDB schema but it did in the BADBTEST schema

Tested and published the the current test version

All is well with the world ......
Rocketman