Web based Pivot Tables

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
intra

Web based Pivot Tables

Post by intra »

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a play with "Flex Monster" , i was wanting to do some OLAP style analysis and searched the web for something similar to the FusionCharts process for making graphs.

Thought i would share the find with the rest of the group.

http://www.flexmonster.com/

There is a free version which is restricted to 1500 rows (i believe). Would be great if the export function in AwareIM had the ability to custom name the first row header according to a criteria. Maybe an enhancement in the next build?

Peter.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Hi Peter

I love Pivot Tables (in fact I have a kinda sad love for them), I often think while doing reports for clients using Aware "gee I wish I just had a pivot table to offer the client then they could do all this themselves". This is especially true since clients never know what they actually want until you do it, have their data there and then they need about 10 iterations to get it right.

So I was curious when I saw your post, and I only had a quick look at felxmonster, how would you see an integration between Aware and Flexmonster working?

Aware can easily generate csv reports (with custom column headers) and drop them in a directory that flexmonster could access, is that your only requirement to get it working?

(I have also looked at Zoho reports for similar, you might want to check that out too)
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
intra

Post by intra »

In a sick kinda way, i like pivot tables too. (Always have)

I have created a query which looks up the needed BO where all the data is stored, i then call a rule which runs an EXPORT action and saves the data into a CSV file. (This works without issue)

How do you make custom column headers?

I also found JPivot which might be good for the Aware Support team to integrate into the suite of reporting tools. (http://jpivot.sourceforge.net/)

Pete.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Few different ways to do it (as always with Aware, you have lots of options), I'd just do a Text report and list line perhaps? Search the forum for CSV I remember Tford has a few examples up too (if I remember correctly).
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
intra

Post by intra »

A text report will do nicely, thanks.

I did think of it originally but decided to use the provided actions. :lol:
syd

Re: Web based Pivot Tables

Post by syd »

HI I believe that you presented a Pivot solution at the AwareIM conference in Las Vegas. Would it be possible please to share some details on how you engineered this please. I too am interested in presenting a Pvot table within an AwareIM applications

syd
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Syd,

The full content including all of the videos, presentations and example bsv and support data from the conference are available for purchase
for 300 USD.

Obviously, that package includes the working demos of the Pivot Table solution as well.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
Cheers,
Mark
tford

Post by tford »

@Mark -- does the demo use Flex Monster? Just looked at the Flex Monster pricing page and it does not indicate a free version with limited # of items. Do you know if that is still available & just not published?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

Hi Tom.

No it doesn't. Pete has tried Flex Monster but the demo
he did uses a much more compact Java applet.
Have a look in the Conference Package. You will see the entire
solution in there. It is pretty cool and you can embed it right
into Aware.
Cheers,
Mark
intra

Post by intra »

I've actually tried both demo and paid versions.

In paid mode, flex monster is pretty slick. However given that there are other alternatives i didn't see the need to go down this path.
Avid Linux user....
customaware

Post by customaware »

Lars,

Please find attached the Conference Package Contents as requested. Was not able to attach to a PM.
Conference Package Contents.png
Conference Package Contents.png (133.87 KiB) Viewed 16097 times
Cheers,
Mark