If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
#51905 by RLJB
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:55 am
We used to get this occasionally from users when they copy text from another system (email client) and go to paste it in our Aware built app. Now seems to be an increasing occurrence, does anyone get this complaint from users a lot?have any tips about how to avoid it?
#52040 by kklosson
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 pm
I do see it regularly but do not have a resolution. Possibly a text encoding thing. I use MySQL 5.6. Note that in my case, the error is caused by pasting text from either MS Word or PDF documents. I'm sure you recognize nbsp as an HTML tag.
#52051 by softserv
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:40 pm
We also face this issue many times and have followed a poka-yoke approach. One quick solution is to remove "NBSP" in the component (AIM Attribute) before creating the BO. We can implement below shown code snippet at On-Change event of txtArea. This will remove any NBSPs after typing or copy-pasting.
------------------------------------------------------------------
$('#'+txtAreaId).change(function(){
$('#'+txtAreaId).val($('#'+txtAreaId).val().replace(/ /g, ''));
});

------------------------------------------------------------------
In AIM, this can be written under Render Script section of Main Form >> Advanced >> Scripts.
#52453 by joben
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am
softserv wrote:We also face this issue many times and have followed a poka-yoke approach. One quick solution is to remove "NBSP" in the component (AIM Attribute) before creating the BO. We can implement below shown code snippet at On-Change event of txtArea. This will remove any NBSPs after typing or copy-pasting.
------------------------------------------------------------------
$('#'+txtAreaId).change(function(){
$('#'+txtAreaId).val($('#'+txtAreaId).val().replace(/ /g, ''));
});

------------------------------------------------------------------
In AIM, this can be written under Render Script section of Main Form >> Advanced >> Scripts.


Thanks! Your code worked nicely for us with a few modifications:
Code: Select all$('#Gatuadress').change(function(){
$('#Gatuadress').val($('#Gatuadress').val().replace(' ', ''));
});


The ID reference didn't work so we modified that. Also, the / /g encapsulation of the space character entity didn't work either. We used ALT+255 to write the nbsp space character.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests