If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
#51583 by Jaymer
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 pm
Well, it had to be done.
So jump on in and lets keep Support busy!

If you can, please make the name of your post "your wish list item" instead of "RE: The *OFFICIAL* yada yada". Will be easier for the Summary page.
Last edited by Jaymer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#51584 by Jaymer
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 pm
1) ADD Alignment on Query Column Setup
2) Memory Variables
Last edited by Jaymer on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#51586 by Jaymer
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 pm
Since I posted this on the WishList 17 months ago... and I talked to Roger this week and he wanted almost the exact same thing, I'm reposting this from March 20, 2018:
https://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =15#p46896

Default it to Left for Strings, Right for Numeric and I won't have to spend time beautifying my numeric columns by having to drill in and set the Header Styles.
There are more properties, but you could still get to them by clicking the row, edit, header styles.

Maybe a Ctrl-Click on the Alignment pulldown could popup the header Styles dialog directly (which saves you 1 click).

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.31.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.31.46 PM.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 99 times
#51588 by PointsWell
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:51 pm
Should this not be in the wish list forum - it is now impossible to find anything in this board because it is a bundle of wishes, feature requests, tips and ideas and problem reports which have their own areas for posting.
#51589 by Jaymer
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:07 am
I kinda like it here. I’m not moving it, but if a forum admin thinks it need to get less visibility over there and he/she can move it.
#51590 by PointsWell
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:10 am
Jaymer wrote:I kinda like it here. I’m not moving it, but if a forum admin thinks it need to get less visibility over there and he/she can move it.

Well kinda contributes to the ever decreasing utility of the forum.
#51594 by Jaymer
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:57 pm
Would it really be that tough to have ONE MORE object in memory all the time?
I'll concede that it will take up server memory on a per-user basis - so it might not be the best place to have several 50,000k JSON string fields, but adding 1-5k more per session could be planned for.

In addition to LIRU & SystemSettings, which are always available, couldn't support easily add LoggedInSession and thats just 1 more BO that we can define like any other BO, and yet its always available for the duration of a login session.
Don't we all constantly need to save some temporary value somewhere - we do this by adding fields to LIRU, which just kinda bloats that object.

I'm fine with having to pre-declare any variables that I need (as opposed to making something up on the fly like a "true" memory variable would be),
What say support?
#51597 by johntalbott
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Jaymer wrote:Would it really be that tough to have ONE MORE object in memory all the time?
I'll concede that it will take up server memory on a per-user basis - so it might not be the best place to have several 50,000k JSON string fields, but adding 1-5k more per session could be planned for.

In addition to LIRU & SystemSettings, which are always available, couldn't support easily add LoggedInSession and thats just 1 more BO that we can define like any other BO, and yet its always available for the duration of a login session.
Don't we all constantly need to save some temporary value somewhere - we do this by adding fields to LIRU, which just kinda bloats that object.

I'm fine with having to pre-declare any variables that I need (as opposed to making something up on the fly like a "true" memory variable would be),
What say support?

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue of the extra round trip to the server which imo is a significant downside of using LIRU to manage state.

Additionally, a basic tenet of web development is to be "stateless". In other words it's generally bad practice to store temporary values on the server to be used for subsequent server calls. However, that's already being broken by using LIRU at all. :-)