Mind bender .. need help

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Mind bender .. need help

Post by tford »

1) I have an "Existing External DB" BO called line_items which I can't change in any way.

2) Via a process, I've INSERTed multiple line_items IN an "AwareIM Automatic DB" BO called Order_Invoices. This piece works perfectly.

3) Need to calculate Order_Invoices.Z_1_base_price --> it's the sum line_items.unit_price*line.items.quantity of all the line items that were inserted in #2 above.

I can't use the aggregate SUM function because it would include math that can't be done in a sum (at least as far as I've found in testing).

Ideas?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BLOMASKY

Re: Mind bender .. need help

Post by BLOMASKY »

why not use a stored procedure?

Bruce
hpl123

Re: Mind bender .. need help

Post by hpl123 »

tford wrote:1) I have an "Existing External DB" BO called line_items which I can't change in any way.

2) Via a process, I've INSERTed multiple line_items IN an "AwareIM Automatic DB" BO called Order_Invoices. This piece works perfectly.

3) Need to calculate Order_Invoices.Z_1_base_price --> it's the sum line_items.unit_price*line.items.quantity of all the line items that were inserted in #2 above.

I can't use the aggregate SUM function because it would include math that can't be done in a sum (at least as far as I've found in testing).

Ideas?
Not sure I understand your use case fully but I can't see why a combination of SUM and COUNT with some simple arithmetic wouldn't work here. Can you share what you've tried and what doesn't work?
I mean SUM should work to SUM all LineItem.Unitprice in OrderInvoice and COUNT could count no of LineItem in OrderInvoice and then multiply these? or did I misunderstand what you are trying to do?
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)