subquery expanded grid query filter

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

subquery expanded grid query filter

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I want to have a dropdown in subquery(expanded child grid) which has a filter thats says filter by parent row selected.
How do I filter subquery dropdown by which parent row is expanded. I tried ThisParent but its not working.
2 grid-parent-child rows
Child rows has dropdown that needs to know which parent is expanded
PointsWell

Re: subquery expanded grid query filter

Post by PointsWell »

swiftinitpvtltd wrote:I want to have a dropdown in subquery(expanded child grid) which has a filter thats says filter by parent row selected.
How do I filter subquery dropdown by which parent row is expanded. I tried ThisParent but its not working.
2 grid-parent-child rows
Child rows has dropdown that needs to know which parent is expanded
Try without the This, assuming that the parent and child are different entities and not a recursive relationship back on the same BO.
swiftinitpvtltd

Thanks!
The issue for me is when I expand parent row and then click on add new child row the child row is till not added but the dropdown in child row addition(inline edit) needs to know that this parent is selected and it needs to filter based on the parent and when user select a value in dropdown and few other child column values then child gets created. I need to somehow set child parent record on add click but as its inline edit not sure how do I acheive that-may be dynamic property.
swiftinitpvtltd

I changed the solution approach as I do not think expand saved parent info automatically, I used edit form to attach parent automatically to child just like other standard parent child relationships in aware.