Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

We need to be able to sort attributes name by entering sequence, then by alphabetical.
I don't understand this. Please explain in more detail.

Improving the mobile app experience would be an awesome advantage, will definately help in getting app approved on the iOS store
Please be specific. These are all general wishes. What specific features are mobile options missing?
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Consuming a REST API Enhancements
1. Ability to iterate through data returned via a REST API without the need to commit it to the database first.
2. Ability to do JSON.parse and JSON stringify operations within a process
I don't understand 1) at all and I don't understand why you need 2), since it is done automatically in Aware IM. Please explain in more detail.
Aware IM Support Team
mohd.documents

Post by mohd.documents »

aware_support wrote: I don't understand this. Please explain in more detail.
Lets say that i created a new business object and inside this object i created the following attributes:
- FirstName
- LastName
- Phone
- Email

Aware IM will display it like this:
- Email
- FirstName
- LastName
- Phone

What we need is to be able to display attributes with the same sequence for the entering in the first time, this will be in addition of sorting alphabetically witch is already working now.
Rem

Access to document like on a fileserver

Post by Rem »

As I understand there are two ways to work with documents:

1. Download, work with it, upload
2. Work with the built in Office components

What would be VERY nice to have is a more “file server like” access. The ability to open a file just by clicking on it and then save it directly to the server.

To explain a bit more, like a drivemapping (G:), (this may require a plugin though) or using WebDAV or something like i MS Sharepoint.

If this could be achieved then the use for fileservers could be eliminated in many companies and we could certainly sell a lot more licenses of AwareIM. You could also work with other documents than those in MS Office and build large documenthandling systems that easily could compete with the really expensive ones.
Last edited by Rem on Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Rune

gijsvb

Re: Check an IBAN bankaccount number for correctness by chec

Post by gijsvb »

PointsWell wrote:
gijsvb wrote:Hi,

In Europe many countries have standardized for IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for the bank accounts. There are several checks that can be performed on an IBAN number to check it for correctness. Some of these can be handled easily in AwareIM, fi. country code and applicable length of the account number.

The check digit calculation is one I couldn't realize in AwareIM and had to fall back to a userfunction in Java. This is the only Java code I have ever written and it's a pain to support this code.

It would be nice if there was a function fi. CHECK_IBAN to check an IBAN number for correctness. For me it would suffice if this function only returned true/false for a correct/incorrect IBAN account number. No need to calculate the correct check digits for an incomplete number.

The IBAN account number setup is explained in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... unt_Number

Thanks,

Gijs van Ballegooijen.
There are lots of REST calls that can do this (though it does mean sending data outside your app)

https://www.programmableweb.com/categor ... yword=Iban

Some quick research also pulls up Apache Commons Validator which seems to provide a series of routines for the validation of many different standards. No idea how complex this is but it may provide a faster mechanism to achieve this being integrated into AIM (but IANAJD) https://commons.apache.org/proper/commo ... dator.html

If this is a viable source then it provides validations for IBAN, ABA, EAN13, ISBN10/13 credit card numbers (format validity not account verification). I could use a bunch of these.

Hi, I checked for REST calls before, but I couldn't find any free service. All I could find where paid resources. For my client, as a real dutch guy :D , this is not an option.
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2
customaware

Post by customaware »

What about this.....

https://openiban.com/
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Log Viewer Record Inspection [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by PointsWell »

The integrated log viewer is a significant improvement.

Could it be enhanced by returning the ability to inspect the contents of a line please? At the moment double clicking on a log line doesn't do anything and it is not possible to copy the line to paste into a text editor. This means you have to open the log file then find the line you want.

Also could the logs be migrated to their own directory instead of the Bin directory.
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Well since you asked we do maintain a bit of a list here: :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... 8HQZ29/pub
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

aware_support wrote:

Consuming a REST API Enhancements
1. Ability to iterate through data returned via a REST API without the need to commit it to the database first.
2. Ability to do JSON.parse and JSON stringify operations within a process
I don't understand 1) at all and I don't understand why you need 2), since it is done automatically in Aware IM. Please explain in more detail.
1. Currently the data returned from a REST API is automatically parsed into persistent BO's which saves to the database in one step. Most of the time the data returned from a service is temporary, meaning there is no need to go through the expensive operations of "saving" it to the database and then query it to get a set of records that can be iterated, displayed, etc. Maybe allow the JSON response data to be parsed into collections of non-persistent BO's as an in memory data set?

2. With JSON.parse and JSON.stringify available in a process, the hope is that the developer has flexibility to manipulate the JSON returned to / sent from the AIM server.
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
PointsWell

Improved Control Over VP Panels

Post by PointsWell »

Would like to be able to fix panels position.

Use case

3 Panels in two columns

Panel 1 | Panel
Panel 2 |   3
If Panel 3 is of indeterminate length there is the scope for it to flow off the end of the screen and if you scroll to the off screen bottom of form it takes Panel 1 and 2 with it. I'd like to be able to say Panel 1 and Panel 2 fixed and let Panel 3 scroll up and down. Though potentially if I could have 100% high forms this may alleviate this issue.

I know I can fiddle with CSS to make that not happen, but CSS is hard and I am not real clever but I can lift heavy things. Well medium heavy things. OK I don't have a lot of upper body strength either.
Last edited by PointsWell on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

The ability to display a message when a BO rule has fired - right now you can't as it throws an error along the lines of 'this requires a user intervention' and doesn't save the record. I don't want to use REPORT ERROR as that doesn't save the record either.

Maybe a new 'DISPLAY NOTIFICATION' action which we can use in BO rules and is just a popup/asynch style message - that displays without affecting the commit to the database.
Rob . Aware 8.4 (build 2718), Developer Edition, using Linux, MYSQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Why can't you use a process after a form is saved that will DISPLAY MESSAGE
This was specifically invented to display a warning to the user.
Aware IM Support Team
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

Using the 'Execute process after save' only really works with Bo.Attribute='xx' and they hit that particular save button, or like a generic 'Form saved' success message.

Can't fire on WAS CHANGED,
Can't display the message if an attribute has 'save form on selection change' ticked.
Can't do a one off message without putting tick boxes or something to stop it firing a second time.

Example - It'd be nice to be able to do IF Bo.Status WAS CHANGED to 'Contacted' THEN DISPLAY NOTIFICATION 'Reminder: enter a contact reason'
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The way to do this is store a warning (or warnings) in a separate attribute. Initialize it to UNDEFINED in a high priority rule:
Object.Warnings = UNDEFINED

Then accumulate warnings:
IF Object. Something WAS CHANGED Then
Object.Warnings = Object.Warnings + ';' + 'Something was changed'

Then in the process executed after Save:
IF Object.Warnings IS DEFINED THEN
DISPLAY MESSAGE Object.Warnings
Aware IM Support Team
rob_h7

Post by rob_h7 »

Still a few limitations - They have to hit the save button for that method to work, the 'save form on selection change' ticked doesn't kick off the rule, and it can't be dynamic, so couldn't do it as they work their way through the form. It'd just be an info dump at the end.

Plus it'd be impossible you wanted to do like 4-5 little notifications as they work through a form, like a sort of wizard helper, it'd just be a big info dump when they hit save at the end.