Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Empty text in combo

Post by Jaymer »

yes, that works. so, i wasn't doing it correctly -- I was not supplying the value for the "empty text" after having enabled the option.
So, it's still deficient because it's adding it at the end, and a user won't know to scroll all the way to the bottom of a several hundred item list.
If it was at the top of the list, then I guess I could modify all Combo boxes to do this.
And I checked the data... it DID in fact set the reference value to NULL.
thx
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Ability to Manually Increment Version No

Post by PointsWell »

Ability to update BSV version number to a specific value.

Why?
When running the same BSV on multiple servers I want to keep all version numbers consistent across servers.
If I bring on a new server I don't want (as it is time consuming) to have to increment through each version number, then publish then increment version number repeat
Last edited by PointsWell on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
PointsWell

Ability to Mark a Version Obsolete or Abandoned

Post by PointsWell »

If you increment a version do some work and don't publish perhaps because what you were trying failed and instead revert to the earlier version as the source for your next version then you end up with a green New version that is actually abandoned. There is no way to mark that as Abandoned or Obsolete.
BobK

Re: Ability to Mark a Version Obsolete or Abandoned

Post by BobK »

PointsWell wrote:If you increment a version do some work and don't publish perhaps because what you were trying failed and instead revert to the earlier version as the source for your next version then you end up with a green New version that is actually abandoned. There is no way to mark that as Abandoned or Obsolete.
If you do not need the abandoned version, why not just delete it. If you delete a unpublished version, the version number of the deleted version will be reused the next time you create a new version.

NOTE: on older versions of AwareIM you had to unlock the version before you are able to delete it.
Bob
swiftinitpvtltd

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

We need SEO features where URL's can be tagged and searched by googlefor example /australia/jobs/sydneyjobs.aw
/australia/hotels/sydneyhotels.aw and google will start recognizing just like makemytrip or monster(I know there is a workaround to use wordpress but then its 2 systems workaround, it will be great if google can search and rank aware IM pages.
If aware IM creates some way to have plugins portal where people can publish their plugins and then platform itself starts becoming stronger daily in very specific rule based path on top of how internally aware upgrades(which is great).
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

I look forward to improving on Picture component

- A better way to present on picture component on the form.
- Rule WAS CHANGED ensure to trigger only when there is a change in the Picture attribute.
- Wish: if we have an action item like
VIEW BO.Picture as POPUP/NEWTAB/FULLSCREEN This will give the capability to show a picture in many possible use cases.
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
weblike

Post by weblike »

intra wrote:Not in a rush, but i think the following would be nice.

1. An AwareIM licensing server so we can migrate our licenses without the need to manually request.
Purely so that when its 1:00am on Saturday..we have a method. :)

2. Rehash on the licensing methods.. ie Developer but with the ability to run two config tools without the need and limitations of a single user license.

3. a method where we could hook/lock custom plugins (from developers) to AwareIM instances.

IE: If i write some custom ubeat jar that 'does something special' , id like to be able to request from the customer a code... then they supply it to me and i compile that code into the jar to keep the plugin with that installation.
+100 License migration
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

It looks like you have built in support for ZOHO documents. In the Web Services "spirit", please add more "built in" support for other common web services that a large percentage of apps will need. Certainly payment processing is one. ZOHO has that too, so that might be an easy high value add-on to AwareIM.
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

I have noticed that the "applicable" property (controls visibility of buttons) in record operations and panel operations does not have the same robust support for the rule language that queries or business rules have. So, adding more language support for that. Perhaps adding a function call, which in and of itself could be a great feature.
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Adding support for "function call" processes. In their simplest form, they could return a true or false. They could be called in Business Rules and processes, where you may have common encapsulated logic.

Ex:

IF IsCustomerOverDue(Customer.ID) =1 THEN
Display Message

IF IsCustomerOverDueDays(Customer.ID) >=10 THEN
Display Message
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Add support for the use of global or local variables. Local variables would be useful to store temporary values like a concatenation of values across multiple instances of a child object to produce a single concatenated string to store in the parent. I Use stored procs to do accomplish this, but w/b better if done within awareIM
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Simpler use of adding "visual cues" to columns, rows, cells, buttons, etc Things like color, font, etc. We are all not CSS gurus :)
PointsWell

Re: Ability to Mark a Version Obsolete or Abandoned

Post by PointsWell »

BobK wrote:If you do not need the abandoned version, why not just delete it. If you delete a unpublished version, the version number of the deleted version will be reused the next time you create a new version.

NOTE: on older versions of AwareIM you had to unlock the version before you are able to delete it.
Cause, hoarding :lol:

Seriously though I am wary of throwing away BSVs "in case"
PointsWell

Make Embedded Forms Work Properly

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment if you have a ps attribute you can either set it to be Combo box, Grid, other stuff, and Form.

Embedding forms like this is fine if you have already created the data. However if you are creating the data there are issues particularly where you have other relationships on that embedded form.

For example, you cannot do cascade filtering (eg If Field A = Company1 then Filter Field B to be employees of Company1)
If you have drop downs then the form resets prior fields when you change the drop down.

At the moment these are only any good for displaying data, which means that there is still a lot of work around that has to be done to capture all of the data in a single form.
PointsWell

AWS S3 Buckets

Post by PointsWell »

Previous comment was made about using S3 buckets for document storage - I am about to start the Odyssey of document management and this would be a better route for me than file storage (for a number reasons too boring to recount).