Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
aware_support

Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by aware_support »

Dear Aware IM users,

this is your chance to influence the contents of the next release. Please indicate which new features you would like to see in the next release. Please start with the bigger ones.

If it's easier for you please send your list to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by aware_support »

Actually we'll setup an application where you can add your features, bugs and annoyances and see the status of them.
Watch this space.
Aware IM Support Team
intra

Post by intra »

:D
Avid Linux user....
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

aware_support wrote:Actually we'll setup an application where you can add your features, bugs and annoyances and see the status of them.
Watch this space.
ezgif.com-optimize.gif
ezgif.com-optimize.gif (255.05 KiB) Viewed 1281947 times
BLOMASKY

Incremental Search

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have a requirement (replacing a system that has this) to have a filter perform the search after each character is typed. I.e. if I have a filter on 1st name, when I type B all names starting with B are selected, then when I type an R all starting with Br are selected...

And, I am still waiting (patiently) for a Non-persistent LoggedInRegularUser that persists only during the session. For temp variables, etc. with NO need to read / write to the back end database.

Bruce
Jaymer

Re: Incremental Search

Post by Jaymer »

BLOMASKY wrote:I am still waiting (patiently) for a Non-persistent LoggedInRegularUser that persists only during the session. For temp variables, etc. with NO need to read / write to the back end database.Bruce
Bruce, thats a perky & awesome request!
I hope that gets stuck in.

Over the years, several people have had issue with having to create fields in LIRU just to use for temp storage... a great use to pass a simple value to another process and in some cases, it might be a several-1000-byte field if you needed to hold a combo box list, or JSON string, etc. etc. All that data gets constantly transferred (unnecessarily) when aware does "Select * from RegularUser" tons of times behind the scenes.
Having another BO like "SystemVars" (to go along with SystemSettings & RegularUser) where we can define fields and, since its NP, disappears when the session ends would be great.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
intra

Post by intra »

Not in a rush, but i think the following would be nice.

1. An AwareIM licensing server so we can migrate our licenses without the need to manually request.
Purely so that when its 1:00am on Saturday..we have a method. :)

2. Rehash on the licensing methods.. ie Developer but with the ability to run two config tools without the need and limitations of a single user license.

3. a method where we could hook/lock custom plugins (from developers) to AwareIM instances.

IE: If i write some custom ubeat jar that 'does something special' , id like to be able to request from the customer a code... then they supply it to me and i compile that code into the jar to keep the plugin with that installation.
Avid Linux user....
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

- Better mobile app features, options and especially for native app building. The current version for Aware is great as it can be customized for web (including accessing webapp on tablet/mobile) but when it comes to actually creating real, professional etc. native apps on IOS/Android, I think it´s limited. I have not dabled a lot with the current options though but think I know what can be done and is not enough for most scenarios I have. I am not entirely sure what can be done in terms of "native app builder" but some builder where we can in a visual way possibly create an entire native app (UI so entire app UI + logo + startup screen + colors etc. etc.) and where we can click and choose which native features the app should use e.g push notifications, camera, contacts, calendar, swiping, top device info bar integration, full screen option etc. etc. etc. etc. + better offline management + better security/login/profile e.g local on device saved credentials and profile so the user downloads and installs app and then configures it with credentials and the credentials is saved locally i.e the user then just opens the app and is already logged in etc.. + better online/offline detection/notification i.e when the user has no internet, a nice customisable notification is used and the app is closed of something like that + x, y and z.
-
-
-
-
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
PointsWell

Listeners

Post by PointsWell »

BLOMASKY wrote:I have a requirement (replacing a system that has this) to have a filter perform the search after each character is typed. I.e. if I have a filter on 1st name, when I type B all names starting with B are selected, then when I type an R all starting with Br are selected...

And, I am still waiting (patiently) for a Non-persistent LoggedInRegularUser that persists only during the session. For temp variables, etc. with NO need to read / write to the back end database.

Bruce
The vast majority of my LIRU needs would be removed by the ability to have VP Listener panels.

At the moment a Panel can drive Output to another Panel. Which is fine as long as you only have one Panel driving one other Panel. In instances where you have multiple Panels that are driven by a master record you have to rely on Auto Refresh of Panels and either an ID attribute or an Object recorded in the LIRU.

If Panels were able to listen to another panel (or auto refresh based on the contents of that master Panel changing and being able to capture the new object in that Panel). It's possible at the moment, but requires a lot of processes.
Last edited by PointsWell on Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jaymer

Push msgs

Post by Jaymer »

Is there a way to implement a push message to logged in users?
Using the strategy developed in the example CRM application, I’m contacting the server every 30 seconds to update badges in my top menu. I don’t even have any users running in production, and if you look at the server output there’s a long line of indications of that process hitting the server.
When 10 to 20 users are logged in, and you look at the server output window, it’s going to be a steady stream of lines getting posted to it as sessions are banging the server to see if they have an updated badge.
While this was good years ago, and from a marketing perspective, it made the CRM app look cool, is there now not some better technology ( i.e. a push technology) to use instead of all the users constantly hammering the server?

Note: in the grand scheme of things, this really may not be an issue. One query per user pulling up 20 items probably has more impact on the server than 20 users updating a badge count. But I would still think it makes sense to have a way to push a message to a user session built into aware.

This includes one user process doing something that would send a message to another logged in user. Like when an incoming email comes in to a user, send a message to that session that an incoming email has arrived. It may not be that frequent. But in order to program for it, you would have to hit the server every minute of the day when 99% of the time there isn’t going to be a new email waiting.
Last edited by Jaymer on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Set a reference to undefined in a form

Post by Jaymer »

I need a built-in way attached to a control, especially a combo box, to clear the value in that field.
… Other than using the escape key.
Or, an improvement to the “include empty text” option, which currently puts an undefined option at the bottom of the list.
If this could be the word <none> or something similar at the top, that would probably suffice.
Last edited by Jaymer on Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaymer
Jaymer

better forms

Post by Jaymer »

The row-based forms metaphor needs to be improved.
With wider screens, we need to be able to easily put more complex controls horizontally on a form.
Easily have one grid control, next to another grid control.
Or what used to be called the “tall controls”, next to other controls, without extra CSS hacks.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Easier way to hide a field/control on a form

Post by Jaymer »

One extremely cool thing that magic did was that on a field on a form, there was
An enabled Boolean, and
a modifiable Boolean, and
a visible Boolean.

By default, there was a yes/no selection.
And then an optional expression to be calculated which returned a yes/no, similar to the applicability condition that is on some objects currently.
So this made it extremely easy to dynamically hide a field, and skip over a field, or dim the control to disable it.
Well, we can do some of these things, the workarounds get to be tedious.

It used to be that a good UI would not hide controls, because then the user was confused because sometimes they were there other times they were not there.
So you left the control or the button visible, but since it was disabled, it was thought to be a better user interface.
I’m still kind from that school but I guess I don’t really see enough modern apps to know whether this is still a standard.

Jaymer
Jaymer

BREAK command in a process

Post by Jaymer »

If you’re in a process, a report error will display a message and terminate the process.

Would it be possible for us to have a break/exit/end process command added, that works like a report error and terminates the process, but doesn’t throw an error?

That way we don’t have to have inverse logic in subsequent rules in a process that we don’t want to happen if a prior logic step already happened.
Obviously, this is similar to many other programming constructs in other languages

Jaymer
PointsWell

Re: Set a reference to undefined in a form

Post by PointsWell »

Jaymer wrote:Or, an improvement to the “include empty text” option, which currently puts an undefined option at the bottom of the list.
If this could be the word <none> or something similar at the top, that would probably suffice.
You have to populate the Empty Text field as well as the Include Empty Text otherwise you get the Undefined in the list.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 13.18.47.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 13.18.47.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 1281810 times
Which gives you this:
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 13.31.19.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 13.31.19.png (18.34 KiB) Viewed 1281810 times
Ideally it should be sorted to the top of the list which would be a change and the checkbox should be next to the empty text field. Angle brackets display as & characters so <none> is problematic

See attached example
Attachments
UndefinedLists.bsv.zip
(42.18 KiB) Downloaded 30800 times
Last edited by PointsWell on Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.