System error 'parser' is undefined

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Stetson

System error 'parser' is undefined

Post by Stetson »

Getting "Unable to generate preview due to system error 'parser' is undefined" on ONE database table only. I'm querying multiple SQL Server db's and all "Database: existing external" objects generate previews successfully except this one table. (The table also won't render on any AIM application screens. Displays blank, no errors.) I've verified UIConfig.props and ConfigTool.ini settings. Again the weird thing is it's just one table. I've recreated the table multiple times. Thanks for any ideas!
Jaymer

Re: System error 'parser' is undefined

Post by Jaymer »

usually, the Tomcat Output, and Server Output windows are your friend.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Thanks, Jaymer! Will check.
Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Hmm... "Error reading business object. Invalid object name 'RECAP_BAS_UDP'." My problem BO is named "RECAP."
Stetson

Post by Stetson »

com.bas.basserver.persistence.PersistenceException: Error reading business object. Invalid object name 'RECAP_BAS_UDP'.
Stetson

Post by Stetson »

The problem table exists and is populated, and I can query it. Other tables in the same db are working fine with Aware IM. I've recreated the table and AIM BO and queries multiple times.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Bas is what aware names it’s system tables, and UDP stands for user defined procedure.
If you use a sql tool to look at the database, do you see similarly named tables out there that have a UDP in them, with names of the other tables?
If you do, and this one’s not there, try copying one of those and renaming it. (But I don’t think you’re gonna see a bunch of UDP tables. There’s usually only one and it’s name the same as the BSV.
Which would make sense if this entire BSV was called recap, and you were trying to get a table named recap, then it might be confused.

Also, just as a test, try making a recap2 and treat that like the recap table, for now, just as a test.
See if you can discover and load it successfully like you did the other tables.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Stetson

Post by Stetson »

Thanks, Jaymer. Great info. I finally resolved the issue by removing some '#' and '$' characters from the db table field names. (I don't know if one or both were problems.) As soon as I did this and recreated the AIM objects, everything finally worked.

Original table:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[RECAP](
[LOGIN_NAME] [varchar](40) NOT NULL,
[CREATE_DATE] [datetime] NOT NULL,
[VenName] [varchar](30) NULL,
[Ven#] [varchar](9) NULL, <-- REMOVED '#', etc.
[Law#] [int] NULL,
[PIC#] [int] NULL,
[Comp] [smallint] NULL,
[APIAStat] [varchar](16) NULL,
[LawStat] [varchar](32) NULL,
[Pymt#] [varchar](10) NULL,
[PymtDt] [varchar](8000) NULL,
[LawCode] [varchar](3) NULL,
[ReconDt] [char](10) NULL,
[Missing] [varchar](22) NULL,
[Inv#] [varchar](22) NULL,
[InvDt] [char](10) NULL,