Search within HTML field

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
[email protected]

Search within HTML field

Post by [email protected] »

I have a field in a BO defined as Plain Text HTML Format. When using any search within this field the search doesn't return the results. I have tried my own search forms via the BO, used the Ask_at_runtime via a query, and used the default search binoculars that appear in the grid view of a query. All of these do not return any rows.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A string in the HTML format has HTML tags embedded inside the text. These tags may screw up the search. For example:

In this text this word is <b>bold</b>

If you search for "word is bold", the search will not find anything because of the <b> tag. You need to specify search phrases that do not include any tags inside.
Aware IM Support Team
[email protected]

Not working

Post by [email protected] »

Hmmm.... still not working. I tried searching for the word "keyboard" and "session" in this text. No results were returned.

<P><EM><FONT size=3 face=verdana>Have you ever been on a web page and wanted to keep that page open while clicking on a link to a new page?</FONT></EM>&nbsp; <BR><BR>Holding down the <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"><STRONG><CTRL</STRONG>></FONT> key followed by clicking on the link will result in a new tab opened with the new page displayed in the current IE session.&nbsp; Also, right clicking on the option will expose other navigation options. <BR><BR>To see other keyboard shortcuts click on this <A href="http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... nk</A>.</P>
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Interesting. We'll investigate.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The reason is that you are probably using an HTML editor in your search forms. The editor adds unwanted HTML tags to the search. You need to use a simple text box in your search forms or use the HTML editor in the Source Code mode.
Aware IM Support Team