How to configure the CC in an email sent by AwareIM

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
Imad

How to configure the CC in an email sent by AwareIM

Post by Imad »

How to configure the CC in an email sent by AwareIM so more than one person receives the same email sent by the system?
tford

Post by tford »

They have to be separated by semi-colon.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You don't need to use CC field. If you just do this:

FIND Person WHERE Person...
SEND MyEmail To Person

the e-mail will be automatically sent to all Person instances found by the FIND action.
Aware IM Support Team
Imad

Post by Imad »

Dear Tford,
The email is working fine when I send it to the BO “Student”. In order to send same copy of the email to other recipient “Employee”, I have created a Cc attribute for the email notification; I put an initial value for the Cc the email address for the person that will receive the copy. Is what I am doing is correct? When I test it that way didn’t work. How the CC gets the second email address and passes it to the email?
Thank you
tford

Post by tford »

It sounds like Employee is not in context when the initial value is set.

You need to have some kind of process that puts all BOs used in the email in context.
Imad

Post by Imad »

Dear Tford,
Do you mean that I have to create a BO of Employee and link it to the Student in order to use the Employee’s Email in a Cc? Is there another way?
Thank you
BobK

Post by BobK »

Imad,

If the "Student" BO has the Cc attribute for the "Employee" email address, you could do the following in the process that sends the email:

Action 1 in the process:
CREATE Notification WITH Notification.CC = Student.Cc
Action 2 in the process:
SEND Notification To Student

I do something similar to set the subject, I assume it would work with the CC field.
Bob
technopak

Post by technopak »

How about this -

Create a reference in the Student BO of type Employee. Then create a Shortcut attribute in Student to Employee.email_address.

Now, in your process, you can create the outgoing email notification with CC = Shortcut

Peter
Imad

Post by Imad »

Thank you Bob. This will not work for me as the email notification ready created. All what I need is to include one or more email addresses of employees in the same email send to the Student so they keep it as a proof that email was send to the Student.

Regards
tford

Post by tford »

You'll need to describe your BOs / relationship structure if you'd like help on this. Otherwise we're guessing.
Imad

Post by Imad »

Dear Technopak,
I have tried what you suggested and it does not work either. Simply the CC does not show on the sent email and the email does not go to the specified email address.
Any more ideas or somebody how set the email for more than one recipient?
Regards
tford

Post by tford »

What build are you using?
technopak

Post by technopak »

Imad,

Sorry for posting without testing.

There is definitely something wrong with the CC functionality - I can't get it to work no matter how I try to get the CC address into the notification object. The best I achieved was when I hard coded an email address in my process as the OutgoingEmail CC attribute (OutgoingEmail.CC='[email protected]').

And even then a weird thing happened - I did receive two emails from the system with the Sent To address correct and the CC address correct in each. But both emails were received by the Sent To account !!

This is something we need some guidance on from Support and may be a bug which needs to be fixed.

Peter
technopak

Post by technopak »

Imad,

Taking support's suggestion earlier, I guess you could create a Recipients BO which contains an email attribute EmailAddress.

Then in a process, create instances of the object containing the email addresses from your Student and Employee objects at runtime.

You could then send the OutgoingEmail to Recipients, and subsequently do a clean up by deleting all Recipient instances.

This is clumsy, but it will work :-)

Peter
tford

Post by tford »

I'm thinking that your CCs have to be to the email address in an intelligent BO.

I have a BCC that works:

CREATE OutgoingEmail_Report
WITH OutgoingEmail_Report.FromAddress=SystemSettings.EmailAddressFrom,
OutgoingEmail_Report.BCC=SystemSettings.EmailAddress,
OutgoingEmail_Report.RequestedReport=LoggedInRegularUser.Email_Doc_Hold