How to configure the CC in an email sent by AwareIM

Contains tips for configurators working with Aware IM
Imad

Post by Imad »

Thank you all for your support. I have created in Student object a flag attribute that is showing the email was send. I hope that the AwareIM support team will solve the problem of adding multiple email addresses to CC and make it work in near future as this an important email feature.

Best regards,
tford

Post by tford »

CCs works fine for me. I tested by doing the following:

1) SystemSettings is an intelligent object. I use this for testing.

2) Process:
CREATE OutgoingEmail_Test WITH OutgoingEmail_Test.CC='[email protected];[email protected]'

SEND OutgoingEmail_Test TO SystemSettings

When I run this process, the email is properly received at 3 email addresses:
1) the one defined in SystemSettings.EmailAddress
2) [email protected]
3) [email protected]

Note that you need to be running the right build # for this to work. If a CC attribute is not automatically defined when you create the notification, the CC functionality will NOT work.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi,

Is it just me or do a lot of Aware features seem to work well using SystemSettings, whereas many features need to be worked around if System Settings is not involved.

Tom, does the same thing work for you using an intelligent object which you created rather than SystemSettings ? Perhaps that's where the problem is.

In my case, I can email from the EmailAddress in my intelligent object, but any attempts to put the CC address into the corresponding notification just don't work.

Tom, you also mention needing to use the right build - what do you recommend ? I'm running 1218 and have problems with CC and haven't noticed anything in the changelogs about CCs in email.
technopak

Post by technopak »

Tom,

I've just noticed that your test hard-codes the recipients into your CC attribute. Have you tried it for a BO attribute so that it works dynamically -

CREATE OutgoingEmail_Test WITH OutgoingEmail_Test.CC=BO.CC_Address

That seems to be where the problem lies.

Another thing I wonder about is the format of the email address being passed from the BO. I wonder does it have to be converted to string format to be valid (even though it's plain text in the BO) ?

So many questions - I'm off to do some more testing :-)
tford

Post by tford »

Sorry I'm not going to be able to help with testing today.

Is it just me or do a lot of Aware features seem to work well using SystemSettings, whereas many features need to be worked around if System Settings is not involved.
SystemSettings is always in context. In general, if something works with SystemSettings, but not wtih another BO, it could be a context issue.

I won't be able to do more testing until tomorrow. If you conclude that cetain approaches "don't work", it would be good to post the process involved.
tford

Post by tford »

I found a workaround for now.

This process works to send email with a CC found in another BO attribute:
LoggedInRegularUser.ListLineCCs=LIST_LINE('EmailCCs','',';','EmailAddress')
CREATE OutgoingEmail_Test WITH OutgoingEmail_Test.CC=LoggedInRegularUser.ListLineCCs
SEND OutgoingEmail_Test TO RegularUser

(EmailCCs is a query with: FIND EmailCC WHERE EmailCC.ShowInCC='Yes')

Note that it stores the results of the LIST_LINE function in a LoggedInRegularUser attribute, then uses that attribute to populate the CC attribute of the email notification.