None default domain / Session Timeout

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ab042

None default domain / Session Timeout

Post by ab042 »

If you use a domain name in the URL of the login and a user logs in and then the session times out. After the session timeout message, you are directing them to a login screen and you are using the default domain. The user can never login.

Can you please store a cookie or something that gets the user to login back into the domain they just timed out of.

It is driving the users crazy and causing trouble calls. They key the correct User Name and Password and it won't log them in and they don't understand why.

This same logic should apply when we are using "logonOp.do?domain=xyz" URL and the user makes a mistake with the login and it returns the user to "logonOp.do" WITHOUT the DOMAIN. It shows "Invalid credentials... Please try again". But it is IMPOSSIBLE for the user to try again because you've taken them back to the DEFAULT DOMAIN.

These two items are very basic problems but cause a lot of support issues.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We ARE setting the cookie and in theory everything should work fine.

Maybe browsers of your clients have cookies disabled? Can you check if any of your clients have a cookie called AwareIMLogon?
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

I am having the same issue.

When I login to my AwareIM app on the server in FireFox & check cookies via Tools | Web Developer | Cookies | View Cookie Information, I see 4 cookies that all have the name: JSESSIONID. All 4 of the cookies are set to expire at the end of the session.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We have investigated this and indeed there is a problem when you use the following URL:
logonOp.do?domain=XYZ

The correct URL is:
logonOp.do?actionMethod=displayForm&domain=XYZ

If you use the above URL the cookie should be set and everything should work properly.

We will fix the problem for logonOp.do?domain=XYZ URL as well.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This has been fixed in build 1029
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Unless I am mistaken, this fix has caused the prior solution to stop working.

Now if you use logonOp.do?actionMethod=displayForm&domain=XYZ you are sent to a pre-populated version of the Aware login form causing you to click on that submit button as well in order to log in. Prior to this version, you went straight into the application.

Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This behaviour is correct. actionMethod=displayForm is to display a form. If you want to bypass the form you need to use the following URL:

logonOp.do?actionMethod=commit&usename=xxx&password=yyy&domain=zzz
Aware IM Support Team