java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Post by tford »

I am getting java.lang.OutOfMemoryError when trying to update a bsv via the config tool on my laptop. I have tried to increase the memory allocated to the config tool per the instructions in the Installation Guide (p17). I used -Xmx96m to start.

Now the config tool does not open when trying to load that bsv, but will open properly with a smaller bsv.

I'm in trial & error mode to get to the right # -- i started with 96.

Can you give any guidance where to what #'s might make sense? The exported bsv is 490KB. Does the exported BSV have any bearing?

Thanks!
Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Problem solved.

1- upgraded laptop from 1gb memory to 2gb memory
2- allocated memory as follows during startup
- Tomcat - 128mb
- JBoss - 128mb
- Config Tool - 256 mb.

Tom
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

All of a sudden I am getting an out of memory error after importing 4000 account records into My Account object. Hopefully as more records are taken on this will not continue repeating itself

Whats the best settings for this? I have 4GB of ram on the server with at least 2gigs free. Should I allocate all of this to the 3 servers, or would that be be an overkill
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

Are you using IN BATCHES OF in the import process.

Tom
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Hi Tom

The import goes through fine , in batches of 1000. So all is well there. Its when I try and access another object after the import I get the memory error in the Aware server log file
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I tried to set the new memory settings in accordance with the user guide

ie: copied the startupOption.props file into the AwareIm\Bin directory and then edited the file as required to set the new memory settings.

rebooted the server and nothing happens, my memory usage is the same - maybe I am doing something wrong. I was expecting the available memory indicator in the task manager of windows to reflect the change, but it is the same as before -

Any ideas
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is important that you increase memory for the right component - if the problem is in JBoss, for example, and you increase memory for Tomcat, it won't help. In which log do you get the Out-of-memory problem and what does the message say?
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I figured if I provide more memory for each server things would be more efficient

This was the msg out of the AwareIM server log file after I ran an import of 4000 records and attempted to use the application. (Prior to the import everything was working perfectly normal - Its interesting that if I import 20 records it works, but as soon as I go beyond 20 to 40 then the problem surfaces)

error msg:

Unable to find ThisContact.LoginName in aggregate operation COUNT

Unable to find ThisContact.ID in aggregate operation COUNT

Out of memory error encountered in the source OS

2008-01-24 17:39:47,031 ERROR SM#admin -Error sending message Error processing output message
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is most likely to be JBoss
Aware IM Support Team