Strange error using inline editing and tabs in combination

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
Rem

Strange error using inline editing and tabs in combination

Post by Rem »

Support: I have noticed a strange error.

I have one BO called Customer and for this I have tree Tabs. One for main information, one for contactpersons(another BO) and one for jobs(BO) that we have done fore the the customer.

The Tabs with the jobs is just for reference so that it would be easy to see what we have made for this customer. But I left the little edit pen there incase someone would go that way to modify something.

Any how, as long as you dont cklick the edit pen everything is fine. But one you click the edit pen (and then is transfered to the jobform and then click back (you don´t have to change anything) I get:

Internal error. Unable to build alias for the following attribute Jobb uses attribute Jobb which has not been found.

The only way to make thing work after this is to make a new search, and find my customer again.

Is this by design, could I have made some construction error or is it a bug? The Customer and Job BO:s are set up as peer and they both have one and other as an attribute.

/Rem
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You have some configuration problem - there is a query somewhere that uses a non-existing attribute Jobb
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Are you sure?

Since everything is working perfectly and shows everthing just the way I want it to when I enter the form and click on the tabs.

I don´t really understand what changes when I click edit, or what query that would be. The only query involved is the first one displaying the customers.

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

I vaguely remember having some strange problems after I deleted or renamed a BO attribute. In my case I think I had a query the the old attribute name still clicked to display. As soon as I unchecked that attribute and saved that BO screen that attribute name disappeared from the available attributes list & my problems disappeared.

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

I´m almost sure this is not the case but I will doublecheck.

Another related question:

Is it ok to have same attribute namne in two differend BO:s?

I.E. Company.job and User.job or job.user?

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

That should be fine. This may be obvious, but the error message refers to Jobb with 2 b's. Do you have any current BO attributes that have 2 b's?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

Another off the wall idea: Click on "Generate Documentation" & make sure to create a Word file. Then go into the Word file & search for the word "Jobb". It's worth a try.

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

(I just translate it for you guys, in Swedish it´s jobb with two b:s)

/Rem
Rem

Post by Rem »

Have checked now and no quries with jobb involved.

I get the feeling that somehow the context is changed when I click edit and load the jobbform and so when I click back in the browser I`m not in the same context any more. Couldn´t that be the case?

/Rem
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The error message you are getting is definitely from a query builder - it tries to construct an SQL query and cannot find attribute Jobb in some business object. This is probably caused by a scenario similar to what tford is describing - the integrity checker should pick up the problem but it doesn't. Check all the objects that used to have the Jobb attribute.
Aware IM Support Team
Rem

Post by Rem »

Ok, found somewhat of a gotcha here!

Do like this:

Start CRM (demoversion)
Chooe a customer with atleast one mail and one Alert.

1. Goto the Communication tab
2. Click Edit
3. Click back in your browser
4. Click on the Alerts tab
5. Click on the Communications tab again
6. Read the red line at the bottom.

Support: Do you get the same error? Bug?
All: Anyone else gets it?

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

Can you tell the exact steps to get the problem to happen at http://www.awareim.com/sample_applications.html

- Which login do you use
- Which menu options do you take?

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

Ok, got it there as well!

(Can you earn stars for reporting bugs in the live demoapps? :D )

I don´t really think it matters how you do it but do like this:

1. Chose John Smith
2. Press the big "Find customers" link
3. Make a blank search and Click Jane at the top
4. Click communications tab
5. Chose the top email and click edit
6. Since they took away the navigation you now have to press ALT-(left arrow) to go back
7. Click the Alertstab and look at the bottom.

/Rem
tford

Post by tford »

Rem,

I followed everything except #7. There is still a BACK button beside the SAVE button. If you click on the BACK button instead, you don't get any error.

Tom
Rem

Post by Rem »

Well, try explaining that to users who are used to using the back button in the browser.

If you use the backbutton in the browser you get the error, so you have a 50% chanse of failing.

I very much would like support to look into this, since I know how users act!

/Rem