If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
tford

Post by tford »

I was running a process that resulted in an error that I saw in the logs: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError". On my AwareIM application screen it just said "Unknown system error".

Now when I try to Upload or Publish a new version of that Business Space, I get the message "Exception publishing business space version. AwareIM encountered the following error. There are still active requests on the old business space version. Please wait until these requests complete & try again."

No one else is using this BSV, so the "active requests" must be from the process that ended in the error. I have had this happen twice now. Is there any way to cancel outstanding requests without taking down the AwareIM server & restarting it?

Thanks!
Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I am afraid you have to restart the Aware IM server.
Aware IM Support Team
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Tom,
It sounds like there may be some server trouble from this and other posts in the past several days. I have a couple of new high end server, 12 gigs of RAM blah blah blah. You are welcome to use one if you need to.

Christopher
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Restarting the server lets you get rid of the "out of memory' error for the time being, but it will return again. I get it all the time

Can support comment whether the cause of this problem has been identified.

I usually know when this problem is about to occur, my system slows down and I am continuously rebooting to keep development going :cry:
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

It sounds like your situtation is different, but I know the cause of my memory problem in this case. I had a bad process that was causing the "out of memory" problem each time I ran it. Once I found/fixed the issue, the error has not returned.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Speaking of "Out of memory" problems. Depending on the size and requirements of your application you may need to increase memory allocated to different Aware IM components on startup. There is a multitude of information on this forum about this.
Aware IM Support Team