JBoss

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
geoff

JBoss

Post by geoff »

I posted problems with JBoss on General forum and have a fix for when it decides to crap out.
This morning when I fired up the PC and tried to start Aware Control Panel - guess what? JBoss refused to start up - just sat there using 100% of my core2 duo!
Is there a minimum version of Java or something required which may be lacking on my PC??? Or anything else I should look for???
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This usually happens if Aware IM was not stopped properly previously. JBoss may write its state info somewhere, so when you start up it tries to restore session info. This takes up a lot of memory and time and may fail. One work around is to increase memory allocated to JBoss on start up, but the better workaround is to delete the directories where it persists its state. The problem is that we are not too sure which directories these are, as they vary.

So usually we recommend overwriting the entire JBoss directory with the directory from the evaluation version or from a backup. Just backup jour JBoss directory once and then use it every time this problem happens.
Aware IM Support Team
greg

Post by greg »

It happens to me from time to time. When it happens I just close the control panel and start Aware again.