Operation Buttons don't show untill object is created

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
mraath

Operation Buttons don't show untill object is created

Post by mraath »

Hi
I have an operation defined for an object.
When creating the object the button for the operation does not show.
Only once the object inbstance is created does the toolbar for operations show.

Please let me know if this is a bug.
Thanks
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
mraath

Re: Operation Buttons don't show untill object is created

Post by mraath »

mraath wrote:Hi
I have an operation defined for an object.
When creating the object the button for the operation does not show.
Only once the object inbstance is created does the toolbar for operations show.

Please let me know if this is a bug.
Thanks
I am using v3.0 build 1026
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

M,
This is not a bug. When creating an instance of an OB a operation above a form is not shown. In short you have not created and instance of the OB to do "anything" with so there is know need to give the user that option or options.

Good luck,
Christopher
mraath

Operation Button need to create reference objects

Post by mraath »

christopherb wrote:M,
This is not a bug. When creating an instance of an OB a operation above a form is not shown. In short you have not created and instance of the OB to do "anything" with so there is know need to give the user that option or options.

Good luck,
Christopher
Hi Christopher
My scenario is as follow:

When you are creating an object via a form, you are able to navigate to a reference object, create the reference, then return to the initial object screen and only then create the main object.
What i am trying to achieve is provide a button operation, at data entry time for the main object, to a process which creates multiple reference objects , which i then want to insert into the reference attribute of the main object about to be created.
The objects i create, can only be created when one of the other main object reference attributes have been created first. I need however to show the other reference objects being created before the main object is created.

What i am trying to achieve by using an operation is populate 3 other reference objects from a template object instances.

I will try again to do this via an object action, instead of the process and the operation. By using the IS DEFINED condition.

Do you have any suggestions for creating multiple objects and assigning them to a main object reference attribute?
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

If you are still having an issue with not being able to view an operation before the BO is created, what I do in a similar situation is to create the BO with a process and then, find the object and edit it using the same process in a single step. This way the operations are visible. If the user ends up cancelling the BO without finishing the references, you can always delete the BO with a 'cleanup' rule or process.

Cheers,
Pete
mraath

Post by mraath »

pbrad wrote:Hi,

If you are still having an issue with not being able to view an operation before the BO is created, what I do in a similar situation is to create the BO with a process and then, find the object and edit it using the same process in a single step. This way the operations are visible. If the user ends up cancelling the BO without finishing the references, you can always delete the BO with a 'cleanup' rule or process.

Cheers,
Pete
Hi Pete
I tried the create and edit actions in a single process and it still will not work correctly.
The buttons only appear after you have clicked the continue button 2 times.
Best Regards
Marcus Raath
+27823009607