Can't test or publish using Personal Edition

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
hueglin

Can't test or publish using Personal Edition

Post by hueglin »

I have just purchased the Personal Edition and am now unable to test or publish my business space. I get integrity errors related to the visual perspective, but can't seem to fix them. It says I do not have the functionality to use the visual perspective, but will not let me test or publish anything without having a visual perspective set up. Seems like a real Catch-22.

Is there anyone else using the Personal Edition?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave
hueglin

Probelm solved, I think!

Post by hueglin »

I went and started a new business space - then was able to figure out how to configure all of the necessary changes in the visual perspective to get it to test and publish. Then I copied over the business objects from the previous business space I had created (as there seems to be no way to add back in the admin part o the visual perspective once it has been deleted.

It would be nice if the setting were correct for the visual perspective right from the beginning for the Personal Edition. Having to go in and filter out the errors because a new business space is starting with permissions you don`t have is a bit of a pain.
greg

Post by greg »

Dave,

From my experience with Aware, this problem with visual perspective was not related to a version of the product you are using but rather to errors in your configuration. It takes time to learn this product as I and many others on this forum can testify.

greg
hueglin

Post by hueglin »

Thanks for the info Greg. I have it back up and running now. There are certainly a lot of things to learn. There is a lot about this program which is very intuitive and easy to pick up (one reason why I bought it) but there are also a lot of things that take some figuring out (like importing csv files from Filemaker Pro - finally figured that out also).

So far, despite some frustrations, I have not been disappointed.