Upgrade to 3.0 did not go well

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
woof65

Upgrade to 3.0 did not go well

Post by woof65 »

I wonder if it is possible for me to downgrade back to 2.3 while the issues are being dealt with on version 3? I installed the upgrade, and now my project is acting very weird. It lets me test it in testing mode, but past the first screen my frames go away. When I hit the back button, the frames try to come back, they have the wrong contents. Very strange stuff. Sounds like new-version-bugitis to me. I can wait for a later update with bugs squashed before I make the move.

Luckily, I remembered to save a backup of my BSV prior to the installation. Now all I need is the product key and some instructions for how best to go back. My account at the AwareIM main site only has a product key for the 3.0 version. I need the key for my 2.3 reinstated. Also, do I need to do more than delete the old AwareIM folder and reinstall using the 2.3 installer?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is strange. You shouldn't have problems with 3.0

If you really want to downgrade you need to delete the version (do not delete the database) and install version 2.3. We'll send you the old key
Aware IM Support Team
woof65

Post by woof65 »

I've made a PDF with screenshots of the problem. I can also give you my BSV (before upgrading and after) so you can look at it. Maybe its a simple fix?
woof65

Post by woof65 »

I've sent the previously mentioned PDF to AwareIM Support's email.