Configuration Tool

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
ghilton

Configuration Tool

Post by ghilton »

Hello,

Since moving the server to a DMZ I now cannot access the Configuration Tool. When I try to open this on the server after login the tool appears to hang and not open at all.

On the client PC I receive this error -

'Error establishing connection with the server. Socket write failure. Please make sure that the server is running. Connection refused:connect'

The server is running. What ports need to be open?

Thanks
tford

Post by tford »

ghilton,

In case this helps until support comes on line later today:
What ports need to be open?
From the readme.txt file in directory where AwareIM installed:
"IMPORTANT: if you are running firewall software on your computer make sure that you unblock access to the following ports: 1098, 1099, 4444, 9000, 8080, 8090-8092, 3732-3764, 8005, 8009, 5001."

Tom
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

Sorry I could not find a text file named readme in the install directory! I am just configuring these ports now and see what happens.

Thanks
ghilton

Still An Issue

Post by ghilton »

Hello

Sadly the config tool still is not working causing me a headache compounded by our mail server crashing. I have emailed the helpdesk but if you replied I have not received anything as the mail is down.

I have had our firewall support guys out looking into this issue and they have tested the ports and are all open for my laptop. In fact I have full permissions both ways and still the config tool does not load.

I manage to get to the login page put in the credentials and click on login and thats it all I see after that is a busy cursor! While this is happening it also stops the main application from working?

I have purchased a support request and consider this case still to be open!
HELP!

Thanks
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

We replied to your email and also sent you a private message regarding this. Please make sure your email is operational.
Aware IM Support Team