Document Template Error: Can't co-create object

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
curtisk

Document Template Error: Can't co-create object

Post by curtisk »

I'm using the evaluation version of Aware IM and I want to upload a Microsoft Word template.

In the Aware IM Configuration under "Business object groups", I selected new "Document templates". I gave it a name, clicked imported to browse and select my Word doc file. When I click the "Create" button, I get an error dialog, "Can't co-create object".

Hence, I'm unable to create the document object. Any ideas what the message means and how I can go about creating the Document Template using a Microsoft Word document?

My dev machine is running Vista and Office 2007, but I created the Word template as an Office 2003 Word document.

Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is MS-Word installed on your server machine? You need to have it installed if you want to use Word templates.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Hi curtisk,

To create a new document template, right-click on "Document templates, reports" in the Configuration Tool tree and click New. In the editor panel, select "MS Word document" for document type and click Import button to import the file you created in MS Word.
Aware IM Support Team
curtisk

Word Document Template creation problem only on Vista

Post by curtisk »

The problem is Vista and/or Office2007 which I have installed on my laptop along with AwareIM.

I installed AwareIM on my desktop computer runing Windows XP pro and Office2003 and I was able to create the Document Template without a problem.

Vista introduces allot of problems on a development laptop, but Vista comes preinstalled on new laptops in the U.S; otherwise, I would prefer XP Pro.

If you guys want to recreate the problem for testing, just install AwareIM on Vista with Office 2007 installed.

You can close this out.

Thanks for the quick responses.