Mobile form bug, virtual keyboard popup

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
hpl123

Mobile form bug, virtual keyboard popup

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
This is an error I think you are aware of (not sure if and how many times it has been logged before) and I thought I had solved it via a hack but seems my hack doesn´t work on all devices and this is such an BIG error/bug that I am posting another bug report on this and really hoping you can take a stab at a real solution for this for the next version because this bug IMO renders mobile virtually useless for any professional/real use.

The problem is that on forms (with multiple attributes or attributes that span over more realestate vertically than the screen can view i.e it has to be scrolled) when the virtual keyboard pop up on mobile devices, it "shifts" the entire layout upward and when the keyboard is collapsed again, it doesn´t shift it back. I am no HTML/CSS genius but I THINK this is an HTML/CSS issue as I have been able to solve it for Android devices via manipulation of CSS overflow properties (but again for IOS it creates other issues so the solution is not working). Below are more information + a sample BSV for reproducing this if you need that:

- Information about this + the hack I did: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 143#p54143

- Reproduce:
1. Rename sample.zip to sample.bsv and install sample BSV
2. Open up on mobile device
3. Scroll down to the last field and place marker inside field to edit it
4. Collapse keyboard and scroll up again
5. See layout having shift and doesn´t shift back

Sample BSV:
Sample.zip
(39.73 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Re: Mobile form bug, virtual keyboard popup

Post by hpl123 »

Here is a Kendo UI form where this does not happen i.e it has to be some Aware HTML/CSS combination issue that creates this problem. Test the lasts field in this form and see how it should work:
https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/m/in ... orms/types
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)