Import doesn't work properly after upgrading 7.0 to 8. 4

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
London1

Import doesn't work properly after upgrading 7.0 to 8. 4

Post by London1 »

Hi,
The import feature is showing an "Internal error" message or "Invalid description of data column Student.ID Student.FirstName. Attribute ID Student is not found in business object Student" when I try to import the data from a CSV file.
Everything since the upgrading is working as usual except the import. I have tried with CSV file, TXT file, and using a template and got the same errors. Could you please help with this issue?
Thanks.
aware_support

Re: Import doesn't work properly after upgrading 7.0 to 8. 4

Post by aware_support »

Can you please send your BSV and the CSV file you are trying to import to [email protected]?

Import works fine for us.
Aware IM Support Team
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Works fine for me too.

Can I suggest that you open your .csv in notepad or something similar and check that excel or whatever other program might have been used to open your .csv didn't change the commas to semicolons or another delimiter?
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I lost time before due to the way the CSV was saved: https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10329
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
London1

Post by London1 »

Hi All,
Thank you for your support. The last two comments were very important as I found spaces between commas and column names that I didn't see them on the CSV file. I didn't see or used before the CSV UTF-8 file format in Excel and it was very helpful to mention that.
However, after fixing these issues still the import showing an error of "Invalid description of data column Student.ID. It must start with Student."
I have submitted the requested files to Aware Support Team for now.
Thanks
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The problem was the encoding of the CSV file - it was not UTF-8. By the way, in version 8.4 you can explicitly specify file encoding when importing CSV.
Aware IM Support Team
London1

Post by London1 »

Thank you all for your support. The import is working despite I got the Internal Error warning message. This is a minor issue and I hope to resolve it when I attend hopefully the awareim conference in 2020.