Rererence field starts out with 'This field is required' err

If you think that something doesn't work in Aware IM post your message here
BobK

Rererence field starts out with 'This field is required' err

Post by BobK »

I have 2 BOs, Acct and Orders. Orders has an attribute called OrderAcct which is of type Acct and Value must be provided.
On the Orders main form, OrderAcct is displayed as a Drop Down, Generate "Add New" button is checked and so is Fetch records dynamically as user types.

When I bring up the Orders main form to create an Order, the OrderAcct field starts out with the 'This field is required' error and the exclamation point (!) over the plus sign (+) so I can not create a new Acct without first entering someting in the OrderAcct field.
Bob
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

In our tests this doesn't happen. Maybe you don't have enough room to the right of the column to display both the Add New button and the exclamation mark?
Aware IM Support Team
BobK

Post by BobK »

I don't think room is the problem. Without changing any lengths or widths, if I add a description to the field I get:
The label followed by the data entry field followed by the add new icon (+) followed by the description icon (?)
Which is correct.

However, if I remove the description I get:
The label followed by the data entry field followed by the field is required icon (!) which appears to be on top of the add new icon (+).

Support,
Did your field have a description in your testing?
Bob
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, I don't think so. Which browser are you using (we tested in IE 8)?
Aware IM Support Team