Stored in File System - EMAIL with PDFs & path attribute????

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Re: Stored in File System - EMAIL with PDFs & path attribute

Post by ACDC »

You may have to use EXPORT to filename ... and then IMPORT to control the filename and then delete the File after the process has run
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Thats the way I had it in my initial post.
But I could not get that to NOT store the binary in the BO.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

So whats wrong with that ? why don't you want to store the document on the Invoice object like I suggested in the first place

Prepare the Document and store it on the Invoice Object and then Create the email with Attacment1 =Invoice.Document

Then go back and delete the Exported file.... and the FS image if you must
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I don't want or need to delete the FS image.
I DON'T want the PDF stored in the blob datatype in the MySQL database - I think i've said that at least 3 times in this post.
You wrote:
why don't you want to store the document on the Invoice object like I suggested in the first place
Is that the same as:
why don't you want to store the PDFs (20 MB in size minimum) in the Email object?

Answer:
because thats why there is a Store on FS option, and I want to use that... but the filenames are wonky then.

you wrote:
Then go back and delete the Exported file.... and the FS image if you must
These are the same, right?
I do a EXPORT DOCUMENT to a filename, and thats the same one I'd link to (via the Path attribute) and save forever on the FS
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I DON'T want the PDF stored in the blob datatype in the MySQL database - I think i've said that at least 3 times in this post.
Huh - Who said its In Mysql - all references I have made are to a Document attribute with FS set

After further thought, you should be able to do this:
EXPORT the document to the same path as the Attachment1 path is set. This way you can name the file ( you don't have to do the IMPORT as its already referenced in the OutgoingEmail.Attachment1 path setting )

So when you send the email Attchment1 is already in place