►RAGE◄ I'm frustrated. This happen to anyone else... ?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

►RAGE◄ I'm frustrated. This happen to anyone else... ?

Post by Jaymer »

OK, not really Raging, just trying to make a point. LOL
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 3.04.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 3.04.00 AM.png (27.41 KiB) Viewed 4438 times
So, in my haste, I sometimes click the wrong button above and lose all my changes to my BSV.
Normally, I click the CORRECT button, then <ENTER> <ENTER> <ALT TAB> <Ctrl-R> <ENTER> to get back to my web test screen.
But, if you click the wrong button and just hit buttons like an automaton at 3am then you cry - not with a tear, but its there!

Anyone know how to hack the binary/turn off the resource/delete the icon/etc?
Macintosh version.
Yes, it gives me a warning, but I exceed the speed limit too while driving, so the warning isn't helping in my mad dash to get back to testing. If I REALLY need to use that option, I can do so under the pulldown.

Jaymer...
</RAGE>
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BenHayat

Re: ►RAGE◄ I'm frustrated. This happen to anyone else... ?

Post by BenHayat »

I have been burnt by that button and I wish they were far apart more or placed somewhere else and not next to each other. Another option is to assign "F" keys so we don't need to to use the mouse.

When running on high resolution monitor, those buttons become so small and when you're in intense code/test cycle, you hit the wrong button. That was my first request to change this in 2014.

All IDEs now provide Shortcut keyboards to speed things up and avoid hitting the wrong icon.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx for the heads up....

I have never made that mistake..... yet! ;-)
Cheers,
Mark
Powerm

Post by Powerm »

I never use those icons...I always right-click on the business space and use the options. In any cases it's always good to publish your bsv every 30mn or hour and 2-3 times a day to export a version as well.
Independent Developer
www.atwing.com
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Interesting... I've never right clicked on the Business Space !!!

As Ben said, the icons look to similar and are the last item in a block.... its easy to click the wrong one as I've done at least 5 times... and goodbye to your recent changes.
Right-clicking on the BO from the left list is a lot more safe as the two options are not even close to each other.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL