►Q for Support◄

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

►Q for Support◄

Post by BenHayat »

Let's say I create a form based on a none-persistent object. This form only has a single HTML cell. If I run it from the Aware menu, it will show an empty form.

Question:
Is it possible that I can include all the required JS libraries and all the JS/HTML/CSS that I need for this form, so the form can communicate with another server on the same domain as Aware server and get/send data via SignalR Realtime system?
Basically, the form is launched by Aware server side, and once the form is initialized and started, then it will communicate with another server to get it's data. This way we can introduce SignalR realtime server into Aware application.

This question is more inline with new HTML features coming up in the next version. And also the fact that other system can "see" database created Aware. Combining these two powerful features, will open the door to share Aware's data with other servers and also share Aware's client with other servers.

I want to open new roads to integrate Aware with other systems rather than just living by itself on a remote Island.
Support, any further details you provide, will just be more helpful to extend and expand Aware.
What is SignalR?

ASP.NET SignalR is a library for ASP.NET developers that simplifies the process of adding real-time web functionality to applications. Real-time web functionality is the ability to have server code push content to connected clients instantly as it becomes available, rather than having the server wait for a client to request new data.

SignalR can be used to add any sort of "real-time" web functionality to your ASP.NET application. While chat is often used as an example, you can do a whole lot more. Any time a user refreshes a web page to see new data, or the page implements long polling to retrieve new data, it is a candidate for using SignalR. Examples include dashboards and monitoring applications, collaborative applications (such as simultaneous editing of documents), job progress updates, and real-time forms.

SignalR also enables completely new types of web applications that require high frequency updates from the server, for example, real-time gaming. For a great example of this, see the ShootR game.

SignalR provides a simple API for creating server-to-client remote procedure calls (RPC) that call JavaScript functions in client browsers (and other client platforms) from server-side .NET code. SignalR also includes API for connection management (for instance, connect and disconnect events), and grouping connections.

SignalR handles connection management automatically, and lets you broadcast messages to all connected clients simultaneously, like a chat room. You can also send messages to specific clients. The connection between the client and server is persistent, unlike a classic HTTP connection, which is re-established for each communication.

SignalR supports "server push" functionality, in which server code can call out to client code in the browser using Remote Procedure Calls (RPC), rather than the request-response model common on the web today.
aware_support

Re: ►Q for Support◄

Post by aware_support »

You don't need to wait for the next version - you can do it in version 7.0 using Javascript in your form. We have done integration with SignalR in one of the custom BSV's we have been working on.

You do need to understand Javascript and how it works in Aware IM Advanced scripts to do this.

Or we can do it for you for a fee.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:You don't need to wait for the next version - you can do it in version 7.0 using Javascript in your form. We have done integration with SignalR in one of the custom BSV's we have been working on.

You do need to understand Javascript and how it works in Aware IM Advanced scripts to do this.

Or we can do it for you for a fee.
That's great to know. As far as "you can do it for a fee", I will pass that along to prospect, if they decide to use Aware as their main tool.

I was the one who came up with the idea of using JS on the client to talk to SignalR backend in order to achieve real-time communication. Having proposed this, they became more interested in using Aware.

I think we still have to wait for next version, because on the .Net side using Entity Framework (ORM) to communicate with Aware tables, EF requires Foreign key to recognize table relationships, and that was the reason I asked those questions in the other thread. So, until we have the standard table relationships between aware tables, EF can't recognize it, unless we maintain (add/edit) those foreign keys, which I'm not sure the client will go for it.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Ben,
Having to manually create a bunch of foreign keys 1 time is a deal breaker?
It's not like they are continually in a state of flux.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Jaymer wrote:Ben,
Having to manually create a bunch of foreign keys 1 time is a deal breaker?
It's not like they are continually in a state of flux.
It's up to the client not me.
The app's data structure changes like any other app, including references and relations.