►HOWTO◄ Need help with my UI

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

►HOWTO◄ Need help with my UI

Post by Jaymer »

I'm stuck. I don't know which way to go... how to get where I need to be with Aware.

Case: Lets say I have an OrderHeader, and each Order is for a Country: USA or EU
Another BO has Country & Shipping Method. ex:
USA Post Office
USA UPS
USA FedEx
EU DHL
EU FedEx

When I Approve an Order, then next phase is Shipping, I need to select the method.
I don't know where to go...
To begin with, I see a list of Orders waiting to be approved. I can add a button to that query (normally where the [Edit] button is). It says [Approve] and it launches a process.
I have no concept of how to call some VP?/query?/form? that shows Shipping Methods to choose from (I know how it can have the OrderHeader context passed to it as process input),
and then Have the user select one, and then know that value back in my process.
I'd also need to know if a Cancel was clicked if they don't want to continue.

I COULD click on a order to drill down into the Order Header Form. On that, have a popup of cascading Shipping Methods for the Order.Country. Select one and then do something.
BUT this is just an example and I need to see the abilities/limitations of Aware and I'd like to do something based on clicking a button in the QUERY line as described above. The issue isn't how to use the UI to select the ShippingMethod. My Q is about how to do stuff under the covers... behind the scenes. How to programmatically execute a form to select stuff and trap a OK or Cancel.

If you haven't done this yet, and you don't have a bunch of examples to see "under the covers", then how do you find out which way to go?

thx
jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
weblike

Re: ►HOWTO◄ Need help with my UI

Post by weblike »

If you haven't done this yet, and you don't have a bunch of examples to see "under the covers", then how do you find out which way to go?
You are in the right place:)...

If i understood right:
Order has Status "Unapproved" and you need to approve it.
Why don't you create an attribute called Approved=Yes/No (default no).
Then a process which will look like this:

DISPLAY QUESTION 'Do you want to approve this Order?'
If Question.Reply='Yes' Then Order.Approved='No'

If you need further help, let me know...
cheers,
Last edited by weblike on Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Senor James (Sorry, still in Punta Cana so practicing my SPANGLISH)

If I understand correctly, The order header (OH) has an attribute called country. You also have an attribute called something like ShippingMethod (SM) which is a reference to the ShippingMethod BO. If the order is for the good old US of A then you ONLY want to see shipping methods that apply. If that is true then:

When you click on the presentation for the SM, select ListBox, then on the bottom right, you have the option to select either an existing query or a CUSTOM query. Select custom and your query should look sort of like:

FIND ShippingMethods WHERE ShippingMethod.ValidCountry = OrderHeader.country

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Bruce (sunburned)
customaware

Post by customaware »

Try this Jaymer....
jaymer.zip
Sample bsv
(37.37 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

OK, thanks for the help...made some progress. late now. will update sunday
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL