When AwareIM dies

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Re: When AwareIM dies

Post by kklosson »

Interesting...

I believe the problem I have been having just lately is that the Tomcat SessionTimeout (AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\webapps.props) is normally set to 7200000 (120 minutes). Somehow, not by my doing, this value was reset to 7200. Aside from be way too short, it is in conflict with the sessiontimeout setting in BASServer.props. I can say that I have seen this before, where the timeout value in webapps.props gets mysteriously altered. I have seen it changed to ridiculous numbers like -203409834054, which caused all kinds of problems. So I must assert that there is some action in AwareIM (or Tomcat maybe) somewhere that will change this value autonomously. Things are better now.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
customaware

Post by customaware »

Thanx for posting it Kingsley.
Good one to keep in mind.
Cheers,
Mark
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Although even with that issue repaired, I am still experiencing instances of the system becoming unresponsive.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
customaware

Post by customaware »

Have Support not been able to shed any light on the problem Kingsley?
Cheers,
Mark
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

There is not a lot to go on. Support says that reviewing the logs is critical, and I do, but I see nothing in there that is informative. I can see that the server is still processing requests though I am unable to login, or if I am logged in the system becomes totally unresponsive. I really don't know if the load is doing this or what. Just clueless at this point.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
customaware

Post by customaware »

Not that I have any clues but where is this on AWS and what
is the configuration?
Cheers,
Mark
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

in Oregon, it's m1.large.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
customaware

Post by customaware »

Windows, MySQL on RDS ...right?

RAM? SSD?

I am sure it is not an issue but should as anyway..... how much disk space is free on the application server?
I did have a situation with similar traits to yours when I realised that I was running out of hard disk space.
Cheers,
Mark
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

I'm not on RDS but there are no capacity or performance limitations.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Kingsley

Here's a left of field guess... Post, or pm me, your MySQL my.conf file pls. You know we suffer similar on one of our prod servers, and only one (not all), but I have theory it's a MySQL setting for us.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

So I am under a heavy load again. Not sure, but it looks like around 100 concurrent users. The app just stops responding. Go to log in and it just swirls. When I look at the AwareIM and Tomcat logs, there's all sorts of things going on. But I can't log in and I get reports that other cannot either. The App server CPU and memory are fine. It seems that Tomcat just craps out. But there is just nothing in the logs to point me in any direction.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
itdeptcorp

Post by itdeptcorp »

Do you have your topology as follows?

a) AIM box (Tomcat) & DB box (separate)?

At one time we tried and tested 3 topology's

1) ALL in ONE Box maxed out where you are now
2) AIM/Frontend Web (aka Tomcat) + SQL Box (squeezed out up to about 1k)
3) AIM Box + Tomcat x 2 + SQL (it was a real pain to get setup but was about 2-3k users) could have tested more but the stress software "LoadRunner" was leased and we lost use of it.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Two AWS servers. App server is M1.Large and DB server is M1. Medium. App server has 64 it JDK and updated MySQL Connector. Been running fine for a couple of months. No question I'm getting a heavier load now and the load is bringing something down.

Again, I'm not sure what is breaking. There's just no clue.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
itdeptcorp

Post by itdeptcorp »

I will ask a few colleagues what test apps you maybe able to use to find some tips.

Will mail you within 24 hours / jump on Skype and maybe put some alternative eyes on it.

Thanks,
Lars
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Found this. Hope it helps.

max_connections

Command-Line Format --max_connections=#
System Variable Name max_connections
Variable Scope Global
Dynamic Variable Yes
Permitted Values Type integer
Default 100
Min Value 1
Max Value 16384
The maximum permitted number of simultaneous client connections. By default, this is 100. See Section B.5.2.7, “Too many connections”, for more information.

Increasing this value increases the number of file descriptors that mysqld requires. See Section 8.4.3.1, “How MySQL Opens and Closes Tables”, for comments on file descriptor limits.

The whole page can be found at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ ... onnections
Rocketman

V8.7 Developer Edition. Server 2016 Standard edition. MySql 5.5