CREATE confusion

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
crisg0112

CREATE confusion

Post by crisg0112 »

Hi,

I have a BO with two attributes.
addrtype (ie S for Start, D for Destination)
actualaddress

sample data :
'S','address1'
'D','address2'
'D','address3'

I have a process that will compute the distance of the 'S' address against n-number of 'D' addresses.

my process :
see attached screenshot

I am getting the result I want BUT when I looked at the logging of AwareIM (just to further understand how the AwareIM engine works). This showed up

Am I doing this right? Or is it just a warning/info??
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
hpl123

Old warning?

Post by hpl123 »

I see this from time to time in the logs as well and a clarification from support would be nice. I THINK this might be a warning from an old limitation because the rules execute correctly and seem to work with multiple parameters.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
RafaMD

Post by RafaMD »

I get this error when execute this rule:

If BO2 WAS ADDED TO BO1.List THEN CREATE BO3 WITH BO3.Field1=BO1, BO3.Field2=AddedBO2

The rule works correcty with one BO2, but when adding two or more BO2 the rule fails and only create one BO3 (and the error is show in the log)

However, if I move the rule to a process:

IF BO2 WAS ADDED TO BO1.List THEN myProcess USING BO1,AddedBO2

always works correctly
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Sometimes when you use a Process to CREATE and there are multiple references involved in your rules its best to use a combination of a Process and a Rule on the reference Object related to the Process to achieve the objective.

So on the reference object you have a rule that goes something like IF MyObject IS NEW Then do something.
Or IF MyObject.ReferenceObject.Attribute=XXXX then do something