Wishlist: Hide header for ref attribute in a tab-order

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Rennur

Wishlist: Hide header for ref attribute in a tab-order

Post by Rennur »

I would really like the ability to hide this bar (not get rid of completely), its not necessary when the attribute label is already displayed in the tab name.

The tabs appear when reference attributes are grouped in one cell.
Changed a couple of AIM CSS settings. Result a much cleaner look especially if using operation buttons.
Cheers,

Rennur
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

+1 vote

Anything to reduce 'noise'

I would also like to see an invisibility option for the bounding box which encompass separate rows and/or in form sections, as you have done. The box is just noise, did you edit the css to hide it, or does that theme just not show it, or am I missing something?
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

actually ren, I just realized I in several places mine are 'off' - so their must be a way. Not sure how I did it, so I will try it out and report back. Going fishing tomorrow so might take a little while.

hpl123

Header bar, single

Post by hpl123 »

nlarson wrote:actually ren, I just realized I in several places mine are 'off' - so their must be a way. Not sure how I did it, so I will try it out and report back. Going fishing tomorrow so might take a little while.

The ones that are "off" (if you´re talking about the header bar) are likely because you have no label name on the reference table of items. If you do not type in a name (also, I think "Filter items" button needs to be disabled), the header bar is not displayed. This only works if you have 1 table of items showing though. If you have several on the same row, you need the label name defined to get a name on the tab.

Also, 1+ for this wish and it would be great to have this option and also connected with this and covered in another post I think is a wish to be able to disable e.g. print button on the header bar which would be great too.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
hpl123

Re: Header bar, single

Post by hpl123 »

hpl123 wrote:also connected with this and covered in another post I think is a wish to be able to disable e.g. print button on the header bar which would be great too.
reference header bars
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Hi Njal,

The borders you'd like to hide are part of the 'separator'in form design and can be hidden by removing the CSS border settings for x-fieldset in your theme's .css file.

This CSS border setting is also shared by a multi-attribute cell (aka group box). Which can be be made collapsible.

Cheers
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Can you please advise what theme that is? Is it out of the box in AwareIM or custom?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The Header of the table can be hidden using a simple script in the Advanced tab:

config.preventHeader = true;
Aware IM Support Team
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Hi Support,

Thanks for the tip, however, can you please be more specific. There a numerous 'Advanced' buttons and putting that script in

BO > Forms > Form Sections > RefAttribute > Advanced > Render Script

the form is not displayed at all, all it shows is (>>) as a header

Cheers
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It has to be the Init Script, not Render script. If you are changing a reference table then the Advanced button has to be on a reference attribute - your definition is correct.
Aware IM Support Team
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Love it, that's a neat trick ! :)
Rennur

Post by Rennur »

Can you please advise what theme that is? Is it out of the box in AwareIM or custom?
The theme in my example or Njal's theme?

The theme in my example is BlueBay, used in the sample CRM app. Not sure what nlarson's theme is.
hpl123

THX

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote:The Header of the table can be hidden using a simple script in the Advanced tab:

Great stuff, thanks.
RafaMD

Post by RafaMD »

aware_support wrote:The Header of the table can be hidden using a simple script in the Advanced tab:

Suport,

Where it's possible to obtain more information about the scripts?. We already know there 'config.ui' and now 'config.preventHeader', but surely there are more
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,
Is there a config setting for hiding the borders of reference tables and separators?
Cheers,
Pete
Pete Bradstreet
Contract developer of commercialized applications

AwareIM Ver. 8.2