Ext 4 themes & custom .css

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
nlarson

Ext 4 themes & custom .css

Post by nlarson »

anyone had any luck getting any of the Ext4 themes (Clifton, win8 etc.) working with an external stylesheet? When using the Ext 3.x Grey theme am able to add the following to the Startup.html and it worked fine.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="aware_ext/ext/versegoal/versegoal.css">

As soon as a swap to Clifton or one of the other new themes I seem to lose all my styles, even those applied via configuration tool, like toolbar background color.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The approach should still work, but you may have conflicts in your CSS with the CSS of a particular theme. The best way to verify this is use the browser's CSS capabilities and check what's going on with particular HTML elements you are interested in.
Aware IM Support Team
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

I don't see any conflicts and I do prefix every style with vsg_. Then again, there is so much going on in the EXTJS 4.x theme it's a little hard to figure out what's what, and Secha's documentation is all based on 3.x themes

If I use the neptune my custom css seems to work fine, but that theme has several critical issues. I worked on it for 6 hours made zero progress except the toolbar padding issue.

Anyone else had any luck with Neptune?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Neptune is not ready yet for the big time, but it will be soon.
Aware IM Support Team
RafaMD

Post by RafaMD »

Yes, I use my own stylesheet without problems, but with 'modern' themes don't serve modify startup.html because they use their own classes (see the file themes.props)

What I do is to import my styles in their stylesheet.

For Example, for theme Clifton, I change the file 'C:\AwareIM\Tomcat\webapps\AwareIM\aware_ext\resources\css\clifton-all.css' adding at the end

Code: Select all

@import "mycustomstylesheet.css";
For themes w8 had to change the file azurra-all.css
nlarson

Post by nlarson »

perfect thanks Rafa - worked perfectly.
RafaMD

Post by RafaMD »

Thank you, your post http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight= (Cools stuff with CSS3) made ​​me discover the wonders of css
RafaMD

Post by RafaMD »

Now, I did not properly put a link in a post but I know modify a theme :?
Aware2014

Post by Aware2014 »

Support - will Neptune be included in 5.8?
8.0, 2361, Windows, SQL Server Express
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No
Aware IM Support Team
Aware2014

Post by Aware2014 »

OK - I noticed that early in the thread there was a mention that it would be addressed soon. Is there timeframe Neptune or other themes will be released?
8.0, 2361, Windows, SQL Server Express