Password Validation - Regular Expression

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bazar2009

Password Validation - Regular Expression

Post by bazar2009 »

Hi Support,

I use the following regular expression to validate that a password is entered correctly following the specified business logic:

The password must have at least 1 small-case letter, 1 Capital letter, 1 digit, 1 special character and the length should be between 6-20 characters. The sequence of the characters is not important. This expression follows the above 4 norms specified by Microsoft for a strong password.

Matches: 1A2a$5 | 1234567Tt# | Tsd677%
Non-Matches: Tt122 | 1tdfy34564646466446T*

Regular Expression:

/(?=^.{6,20}$)(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*[!@#$%^&*()_+}{":;'?/>.<,])(?!.*\s).*$/

The good news is that this regular expression works fine on entry but when I save the record and then open the record again I am unable to save because the password no longer adhears to the regular expression rules. I am assuming this is because the password is encrypted?

Would it make sense to remove the regular expression formula from the password attribute and have another field added to the BO (this attribute would have the regular expression formula) to do the analysis of the password and then a rule to copy the password to the actual password field?
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

If you want help on configuration issues from Aware Support please purchase a support ticket.