Displaying data hierarchically

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
wings

Displaying data hierarchically

Post by wings »

I have defined an object in Aware to store the details for an organisational Budget. Its attributes are:

BudgetName (text)
BudgetAmount (number, 2 places)
ActualAmount (number, 2 decimal places)
ChildBudgets (Budget, multiples allowed)

The budget has a number of levels (up to 14, depending on the business unit), meaning that child budgets can have child budgets, and each of those can have child budgets etc.

I need functionality that will retrieve all the levels in the budget in the one query, and present them as a tree view. It would also be nice if I could maintain the budget using the treet view. For example, an Add option at the Administration level would allow me to add a new child under Administration.

eg: Budget 2010 Add, Edit, Delete
General Fund Add, Edit, Delete
Administration Add, Edit, Delete
Office Cleaning $2000.00 etc
Electricity $4500.00
Marketing
Radio adverts $1000.00
etc

In Aware, I can't see an option to query all the records in an object, and present them hierarchically in the one form. All it seems to allow is the retrieval of two levels at a time (the top level and its children). You then have to select one of the children, and it opens in a new form showing its children, and so on).

Is there a way to do this? If not, is it possible to extend Aware by adding custom functionality?
wings

Post by wings »

example

......Budget 2010.........................................................Add, Edit, Delete
.............General Fund..................................................Add, Edit, Delete
................Administration.............................................Add, Edit, Delete
....................Office Cleaning............$2000.00.....................etc
....................Electricity....................$4500.00
.................Marketing
.....................Radio adverts............$1000.00
.............................etc
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is no way currently to show all levels at once. There are also no buttons in the tree. We can add this functionality for you - please contact support.
Aware IM Support Team