Proper Steps

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Proper Steps

Post by [email protected] »

What are the proper steps if I want to do the following:

Have a process that:
- Enters NEW UserConfig
- Uses the just created UserConfig and creates a new entry in another BO with the attributes from the UserConfig object
tford

Post by tford »

I would use 2 processes.

UserConfig created in the first process will be a Process Input to the second process.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
technopak

Post by technopak »

Assuming UserConfig is a standard BO with some Main form, and that you want a user to enter the details of the UserConfig, I'd do it like this -

Create a process which contains these rules -

ENTER NEW UserConfig USING Main
FIND AnotherBO FOR SomeConditions
AnotherBO.Attribute1 = UserConfig.Attribute1
AnotherBO.Attribute2 = UserConfig.Attribute2
etc
etc

Or, if you want the process to create a new AnotherBO, the process could go like this -

Create AnotherBO WITH AnotherBO.Attribute1 = UserConfig.Attribute1, AnotherBO.Attribute2 = UserConfig.Attribute2, etc, etc

Or if your user will enter some of the AnotherBO attributes -

ENTER NEW AnotherBO WITH AnotherBO.Attribute1 = UserConfig.Attribute1, AnotherBO.Attribute2 = UserConfig.Attribute2, etc, etc USING Main

It very much depends on your context (pardon the pun), I guess you could also create a rule of the UserConfig BO like this -

IF UserConfig IS NEW THEN
CREATE AnotherBO WITH AnotherBO.Attribute1 = UserConfig.Attribute1, AnotherBO.Attribute2 = UserConfig.Attribute2, etc, etc

I don't know if there is a proper way of doing it - it's more a question of which way best fits your purpose.

HTH,

Peter