Grid Request

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bazar2009

Grid Request

Post by bazar2009 »

I am curious if it is possible to place expand all/contract all buttons in a grid. It is helpful when reviewing details associated with the record that are selected as 'expanded' in the grid. Currently a user would have to go to each record and expand the record. This would also be usefull for expanding/contracting all grouped grid records.

Is it also possible to have the expanded attribute be in a expanded view by default? If not, is this something that will be added at a later date. Maybe with the ability for the configurator to select the default height of the expanded attribute in the grid. (see the paging grid example on the extjs site)

I also have noticed that the expanded attibute is 'cut' when it is in a grid with numbered rows. The numbered column puts a line through the expanded attribute. The expanded attibute is fully left justified where it normally is not. I hope I have explained this properly. If not, I can send you a screenshot of what I am seeing.

Since we are talking about the grids, is there an eta on the group summary for the grids and grid filtering (on a per column basis).
bazar2009

Post by bazar2009 »

One other Grid item to add is when grouping on a particular column why is the column also displayed in the row? Seems redundant.

If I create a grouped list in a grid and then select any column and go to 'Columns' and deselect the column that the grid is grouped on the column is removed from the grid and the grouping stays with the proper grouping. Is there a way to achieve this through the configuration tool? I cannot see how this is possible. If I remove the value from the list of available grid attributes and sort on it the grid produces an error by hanging and not displaying any data.