Evaluation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
somerfeld

Evaluation

Post by somerfeld »

Support doesnt seem to be able to answer the phones,. just a message avilablity, doesnt rank high on my evaluation right now.. and i really dont have the time to sit on a forum and wait for replies, type responces, wait or be the only form of comunication to help me make my deisicion to buy.

So last night i installed and picked a pre made business space application,. I noticed I was only able to edit certain pieces and those i could edit i could not see my changes in operation after publishing. i couldnt figure out why I was only able to edit certain material, until i tried making a new business space which i was then able to edit completely in the confirgeration but i couldnt even login to see the changes or the new business space.

So becuase i couldnt see any changes in the first space or able to log into the other spaces i have created. I decided i wanted to delete the orginal first space, because maybe it was just a locked sample blocking me? So of course I tried to delete that first space,. and it would not let me. So I was stuck, I was only able to see the first space no matter what I would try to login to the other space and said my credientials were always wrong, no matter what i tired. thats after i stoped and started the server tried new versions,. test mode everything. After playing with it for hours,. i keept saying to myself im doing something dumb, i cannot see one change amnd I was missing something .. tired and tired without success.

So i eventually said fuck it,. ill just reinstall. Which i did, now i have this "DefaultApplication" which i have now was able edit a little and publish to view my changes and I still cannot see anything I was doing, for the life of me see any changes that i would make, i was not seeing them

If i understand correctly if i create a new object it should automaticcaly generate in the menu after publishing,. and nothing shows up, am i missing something? Nothing i do shows up.

So im not having a good start here and i will stop trying shortly and move on to test others if i cannot resolve something as simple as this.
somerfeld

Post by somerfeld »

tried and tried* wheres the edit post in this phpbb?
tford

Post by tford »

What URL are you using to login?

Are you trying to login in test mode or after the BSV has been published?

Have you looked at QuickTour, GettingStarted and LibraryCaseStudy PDFs in your C:\AwareIM\docs directory?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
somerfeld

Post by somerfeld »

yes i have looked at the documentaion,. and been searching the forums

http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html

i tried loging into both modes.
tford

Post by tford »

OK. You've posted a bunch of thoughts/frustrations here. Do you have a specific question?

It's probably best if you outline the specific steps you have taken -- ie: 1) ... 2) .... 3) ....., then your question.

PS --- Usually a new user posting to the forum with questions like yours has not read any of the documentation -- that's why I asked the question.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Have you been able to resolve your problems?
Aware IM Support Team