Wrong time in timestamp attribute

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rolfb

Wrong time in timestamp attribute

Post by rolfb »

I created a attribute with Type Timestamp. This is initialized with a rule that sets its value to CURRENT_TIMESTAMP.

This will result in a time EXACTLY = GMT. Our time in South Africa is GMT+2. so if i create a instance say at 10:15 the result will be 08:15. My pc time is set at GMT+2

Any help how to correct it?

regards

Rolf
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM takes the time from the operating system, so your operating system must be setup for GMT somewhere.
Aware IM Support Team
rolfb

Post by rolfb »

Support

I tried it on the live server - erverything's fine there. Its only on my machine that the problem occurs

when i test the time by creating a folder on my machine the date/time is fine as it should be, but not when i create an instance in an object - really funny!!!!

By the way, my pc is running Vista....

will investigate further and report back

Rolf
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Just a thought .... Aware takes its time from the server - not the machine that the browser is running on. Is the app running (albeit in test mode) on the server or do you have a full working copy of Aware on your local machine?
rolfb

Post by rolfb »

My development laptop is stand alone with a full working copy, and its on this machine where i get the problem. I created the same situation with another tool and the results are fine with it. :roll:
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We did find a problem with time on Vista only. Are you using the Vista machine?

This problem should be fixed in build 1195
Aware IM Support Team