Multi Day Appointments

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Multi Day Appointments

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I have an issue showing appointments that span more than one day in the calendar view. The appointments only show up on the day that the appointment ends. Is there any way for the calendar views to accomodate multi-day appointments such as in the case of a vacation planner and show up in each day of the appointment duration?

Cheers,
Pete
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this is what you mean, but when I create an appointment and the StartTime and EndTime attribute timestamps are entered as different dates, my appointment spans the number of calendar days concerned.

Assuming this is the default, could it be an issue with your particular bsv ?

Sorry not to have been much help

Peter
:(
tford

Post by tford »

Hi Pete,

In the live sample apps at:
http://www.awareim.com/sample_applications.html

Click on the CRM example & login as Staff member. You will see an appointment called "Night Shift" that spans 2 days on the calendar.

If you click on About on the left menu bar, you will see that they are running build 1149 on the sample apps.

When I loaded the sample apps into my config tool (build 1162) & ran a test, I could not produce the same results as the build 1149 sample app.

I wonder if something changed in this area between build 1149 and build 1162 ???

Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Thanks Tom,

That would definitely appear to be the case. Hopefully this will get fixed before my clients notice it and start yelling at me.

Cheers,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There were no changes whatsoever that could have affected this since version 4.0 was released. Are you sure your start date is correct?
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I am 100% sure. You can see for yourself:

Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We'll investigate this and try to fix it for the next build.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Second problem

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

There is also a second issue with the calendar view right now. If you create an appointment for 10am and then view it a one-day view calendar query, the shown timeslot is 11am. It is consistently showing 1 hour later for all appointments than the true starting time. In 5,7,31 day views, the same issue can be seen by mousing over an appointment in the calendar and it will show 1 hour later than the correct appointment time.

Any idea on a fix date?
Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It's one bug that causes both problems. The fix will be in the next build (due out today or tomorrow)
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Much appreciated,

Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This should be fixed in build 1163
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Both problems fixed.