Referenced/Linked Business Objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
4xjbh

Referenced/Linked Business Objects

Post by 4xjbh »

I know how to link [b]Projects [/b]and [b]Contacts[/b] business objects with a reference attribute but what if I need to have a custom role for each contact that may change from project to project.

Do I need a third object [b]ProjectContacts[/b] that has Project, Contacts & Role attributes.

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

James
tford

Post by tford »

James,

It's hard to tell from the info you provided.

Tom
4xjbh

Post by 4xjbh »

John may have a position in a company of Architect. When he works on a project he will act as a Co-ordinator and on another project he may be the Lead Architect or Support Architect.

Normally I would have a project, contact and projectcontact tables. The projectcontacts would have projectid, contactid and role as fields. This way John can have different roles for each project.

How would I do it in AwareIM? I am sorry I do not know how to explain this in another way.

Thanks
tford

Post by tford »

James,

You've got 90% of it in your description.

Sounds like you might want:

1- ProjectContact BO
1a - Project attribute as Peer to Projects BO
1b - Contact attribute as Peer to Contacts BO
1c - Role attribute. Sounds like this might be a choice list.

You might also need to shortcut various attibutes from Project and Contact BOs into the ProjectContact BO based on your needs.

Hope this helps.

Tom
4xjbh

Referenced/Linked Business Objects [Resolved]

Post by 4xjbh »

Thanks Tom,

I had every thing you listed and I have it working OK for now. I will refine it as time permits.