Select ALL

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RocketRod

Select ALL

Post by RocketRod »

If I click the Select ALL button at the bottom of a query results list, it only selects all rows for the current page displayed on the screen not all pages. How does a user select all rows for all pages without having to scroll through the pages one at a time?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

At the moment you have to select all records on one page only.
Aware IM Support Team
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

OK. Can I therefore request it be added to future versions as an option. I've just built a mailout BS where the user selects customers via queries to send a letter to. The results of one query could be hundreds of customers over many pages. Bit of a pain to have to scroll through the pages one at a time. Maybe there is a process that I could build to do the same thing?
tford

Post by tford »

Are you saying that you ALWAYS want send the letter to ALL customers in the query?

Tom
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

No. The query form allows them to select by state, by sales value, by account manager etc. But they can then choose to select all results of the query or omit certain rows (customers). The Select all button would have worked well as it would allow them to select all then just tick off (deselect) certain rows.

In other words they may select all customers in one state as a starting point. But then limit this selection further say by not including major customers. These are not defined in any way and its only by a users knowledge that they can select/deselect.
tford

Post by tford »

Sorry I don't see any workaround.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

It may be a bit awkward, but I wonder if this might work.

1- Add a PrintFlag Yes/No attribute to the BO you are querying

2- When initially showing the results of your query for selection, have the process turn all the PrintFlags to YES. In the query, turn on inline editing only for the PrintFlag attribute,

3- Users can then review / turn any PrintFlags to No.

4- You will then use the queries instances with PrintFlag=Yes

Tom
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Thanks Tom. Good suggestion. However for no wont of trying today I can't get inline editing to work! Have even set up a test BS with no luck as well. is there some trick to it? Just turned on the flag in a query and checked on some fields but it just don't work. Must be doing something fundamentally wrong! Any ideas?
tford

Post by tford »

You have to make sure you check both the "allow inline editing" for the entire query + "editable" for each attribute that you want to edit.

Tom
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Tom, did that but cant get it to work even in my test BS. Can you send me a test one where it works in V4. It's such a simple thing but I just can't get it! Frustrated.
tford

Post by tford »

Ok -- just sent TestSelectAll.bsv to you.

Tom
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

All ok now. Am a new comer to AwareIM so still falling over every now and then on simple things! Feel a goose. Found my problem. Had to logon with new V4 logon instead of using old v3 style logon!
tford

Post by tford »

No problem. Been there, done that.

Thanks for telling us what it was.

Tom