Can a Frame in a Visual Perspective Start Collapsed?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tazzmaxx

Can a Frame in a Visual Perspective Start Collapsed?

Post by tazzmaxx »

In version 4, I would like the left Frame and Footer Frame of my main visual perspective to start in a collapsed state so that when the application starts the frame is not in the way. When clicked on, it should expand to the maximum value. I have tried to do this with different combinations of initial, maximum and minimum but nothing works. Maybe a checkbox in the IDE that allows for the frame to start 'Collapsed'. If there is already a way to accomplish this please let me know.

I have also noticed that if I add a command object to a frame panel (like adding 'Recent Objects' to the footer frame that the frame does not automatically update or allow for the user to refresh the frame to get the latest data. At least with a query you can refresh from within the query to fetch the latest data. Am I doing something wrong?

I also noticed in the CRM example that if you reduce the left frame after the application is launched that the grid objects don't refresh to the new size automatically. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks for the help.
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

Any comments on the following?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Currently there is no way to start a frame in a collapsed state. We may add this functionality if it is critical.

Currently refresh and auto-refresh is not supported for Recent Objects. Again we can add this if it is critical.

Yes, grids do not refresh the size automatically - it is not easy to change this.
Aware IM Support Team
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

Hi Aware,

Thank you for the reply.

I do not think that it is critical (I would deam critical to mean that the software would not work without the particular functionality). I would say that it would be a wonderful and helpful addition.

The auto refresh on command objects would be again nice to have but I imagine that it could be done in different ways.

I am extremely impressed by your software and think that you have something great going on. It has been fun developing with it.

Thanks